Passed my Linux+!

Lost In Cyberia

Piggy backing off of newbi3's earlier thread, I just took and passed my linux+ exam! I had taken the earlier lx0 101 earlier in the month, but wanted to finish the 2nd part before school began in the fall. Boy...what a hard exam..I had to fight tooth and nail for this one..It really was a tough exam. Anyone else here Linux+ certed?

I'm seriously considering taking this exam (level 1 and then 2 later) how do you think it went? because the level 1 looks like something i could do first time maybe second but i'm a bit freaked out about the time constraints and the amount of questions, is it something that was... not "easily" done but not something you have to rush to even get done?

this could really help me if i do decide to take the exam. thanks.

-Mezzy

Edited by Skipper

I'm seriously considering taking this exam (level 1 and then 2 later) how do you think it went? because the level 1 looks like something i could do first time maybe second but i'm a bit freaked out about the time constraints and the amount of questions, is it something that was... not "easily" done but not something you have to rush to even get done?

this could really help me if i do decide to take the exam. thanks.

-Mezzy

Well I passed, so that's how it went lol. But it was hard... atleast for me... I mean, sweating bullets hard... Even though the book's concepts are easy, the test really grills you about the material.. questions are very detailed things.. not just simple questions like what does useradd -m do? it's like if you did a useradd -m, from what directory will the user's home directory be based off? stuff like that, questiosn that require 2 or more layers of knowledge... You have an hour and a half, and I had time left over, so the time really wasn't *too* much of an issue...

Edited by Lost In Cyberia

When I took my I was sweating the whole time and especially during the second test I thought I was going to fail for sure! It is 100% worth taking though just be prepared to study A LOT!!

And Lost in Cyberia what did you get on the second half?

When I took my I was sweating the whole time and especially during the second test I thought I was going to fail for sure! It is 100% worth taking though just be prepared to study A LOT!!

And Lost in Cyberia what did you get on the second half?

I got a 540 on the 2nd part.. not the best score...I studied alot of mysql, and I only had 1 question..same with user management..maybe two questions..

I wont be taking it anytime soon as I really need to learn more about the structure of linux commands but I can read and understand common commands but just applying them to certain situations is what i need to touch up on, i'm really looking forward to getting into this and one day get the certification - one more question roughly how many questions are there that you have to do? (i know that you cant give certain things away because it could be considered an unfair advantage)

thanks for the info :)

-Skipper

I wont be taking it anytime soon as I really need to learn more about the structure of linux commands but I can read and understand common commands but just applying them to certain situations is what i need to touch up on, i'm really looking forward to getting into this and one day get the certification - one more question roughly how many questions are there that you have to do? (i know that you cant give certain things away because it could be considered an unfair advantage)

thanks for the info :)

-Skipper

Well the number of questions is public knowledge, but I can't tell you what the questions were. Anyway, there are 60 questions that you have to do in an hour and a half.

Well the number of questions is public knowledge, but I can't tell you what the questions were. Anyway, there are 60 questions that you have to do in an hour and a half.

Well that has put my mind at ease, i thought because it is out of 800 or something and you need 500 to pass (correct me if i'm wrong) I thought it was like 200-300 questions. thanks for your help and for the moment i'm just going to be studying for around 2-3 hours a day until I come across something that I really need to revise and i'll also look at more of the online questions.

-Skipper

Piggy backing off of newbi3's earlier thread, I just took and passed my linux+ exam! I had taken the earlier lx0 101 earlier in the month, but wanted to finish the 2nd part before school began in the fall. Boy...what a hard exam..I had to fight tooth and nail for this one..It really was a tough exam. Anyone else here Linux+ certed?

I'm looking to take my Linux + in the fall. But a huge congrats to you!!!! Any tips you have from your experience?

Thanks everyone. :D And no Skipper, definitely not 200-300 questions! but because there are 60, that means each questions is heavily weighted. I'm not sure if each questions is worth the same amount of points, or if some are worth more than others.

hexadecimal, because each test uses a randomized set of questions, I can't lead you too much, your exam is going to look different than mine. But i'd say this, make sure you know routing, how the routes are set up, nsswitch.conf file, the resolv.conf file, what everything means there...cron jobs.. etc... not just what they are, but what each and every thing in that file means,