Mark IV and wpa_supplicant

I know this is simple but I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere.

I'm trying to connect to a WPA2 network via command line on the pineapple. I have done this countless times in Backtrack but for some reason when I try it on the pineapple I keep getting the following error:

Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
wlan0: SME: Trying to authenticate with 00:1e:58:f2:69:73 (SSID='Ours' freq=2462 MHz)
wlan0: SME: Authentication request to the driver failed
wlan0: SME: Trying to authenticate with 00:1e:58:f2:69:73 (SSID='Ours' freq=2462 MHz)

The code that I am using is this:

wpa_supplicant -B -D nl80211 -i wlan0 -c /tmp/wpa_config.txt -f /tmp/wpa_debug.txt

with the config file looking like this:

network={
	ssid="Ours"
	psk="Password"
}

I have tried using the driver "wext" which worked using the Alfa card 036H on Backtrack, but on the pineapple it does not work. I have searched the forums for "wpa_supplicant" and "Pineapple WPA" and gone through everything that came up and cannot find the problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BTW I also downloaded the networkmanager infusion to see if I could find how it was done in there but I am not proficient in PHP so finding it was a fruitless effort

I had this exact same problem.To fix this just go to the etc/config/wireless file and change the "option network lan" under "config wifi-iface" to "option network wan". Also make sure your wireless card is in managed mode not AP mode. For more information on setting this up check this out.

Edited by TylerCPU