Logging broadcast packets

croww

Evening folks, I've used the pineapple in a few test situations and its performed well in the usual way. However, I find myself in a situation where it would be advantageous for me to be able to log the broadcast packets that a particular device is, well, broadcasting. I know the pineapple responds to probe requests via Karma but is there such a thing as a 'log' whereby the time & date of the probe request is logged, by MAC/device if possible? I'm thinking this would be purely passive, not needing internet access to be provided - merely logging requests and allowing them to be ordered by time/date & MAC/device.

Is such a thing possible?

I am aware of airodump and how it will allow me to see the probe requests but I am after something which will allow me to order, grab the historical requests, see the time & date etc. A bit more details Airodump I suppose. I am not a coder so its outwith my realm to code anything but if someone could point me in the direction of something similar, I would be very grateful.

You can do it with tcpdump. Tcpdump is one of the most powerful packet capture tools available and it can do timestamps as well. Check it out and share your results please!

telot

I am aware of airodump and how it will allow me to see the probe requests but I am after something which will allow me to order, grab the historical requests, see the time & date etc. A bit more details Airodump I suppose. I am not a coder so its outwith my realm to code anything but if someone could point me in the direction of something similar, I would be very grateful.

airodump will show you date and time, last seen, prob requests, etc. Just need to use the csv log file...

airodump will show you date and time, last seen, prob requests, etc. Just need to use the csv log file...

This man speaks the truth.

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=airodump-ng

telot