[Fault] D.O.A.?

rdd

Hi All,

Just received the rubber ducky HID, SD card, etc. While I can write to and read from the SD card fine, the SoC itself appears to be DOA.

When I plug it into a physical Windows system (not a VM), the LED lights red and stays red (no blinking). Likewise for a Linux system, and no entries in dmesg.

Same results when I encode a test script (including a lengthy delay at the beginning) to the SD card -- nothing but a solid red light. I can't flash the firmware because the device is not detectable.

Am I doing something really stupid / missing something obvious, or should I go ahead and begin the exchange process?

Thanks.

My first thought would be try using a different microSD card - but if you aren't seeing anything from DMESG in Linux probably best to contact us at the HakShop and we'll get a new one out to ya.

Another thing you might try is holding the button while inserting it into a linux machine and checking dmesg...

My first thought would be try using a different microSD card - but if you aren't seeing anything from DMESG in Linux probably best to contact us at the HakShop and we'll get a new one out to ya.

Another thing you might try is holding the button while inserting it into a linux machine and checking dmesg...

Hm, I didn't try a different card, but I have held down the reset button while inserting the device.. still nothing from dmesg.

Will send it in for exchange shortly. Thanks for your response!

:/ Dude im dying here, similar except ive been able to flash ducky.hex in both linux and windows....red light comes right back after reboot's and i saw the sd card swap advice in another post so i bought a 2 gig and same thing...hopefully im missing something?

Hold that thought, dont know man but its Alive, this time i went the windows route completely. took one last try flashing ducky.hex from cmd and formatted the card through cmd to fat32 again, ran the encoder from cmd and "juan's your uncle" lol...if you guys can explain why this worked please share?

Hold that thought, dont know man but its Alive, this time i went the windows route completely. took one last try flashing ducky.hex from cmd and formatted the card through cmd to fat32 again, ran the encoder from cmd and "juan's your uncle" lol...if you guys can explain why this worked please share?

What commands were you using on Linux?