Failure to Associate

I opened it up for the first time and all my connectors are locked tight. Seems strange the 2 separated devices would have the same issues.

Will get some more Pineapples next week (Mark III and Mark IV) to test them, but I dont think the connector will be the problem.

Will keep u posted

The problem actually lies beneath heat shrink where mini coax and connector meet.

When connector is over tightened and then just turns when trying to remove antenna

basically you're twisting and eventually severing physical connection to antenna

Edited by 10base2

Wow, funny how something so simple (loose antenna) happens to multiple people haha good catch, when i checked my connections i missed the tiny twist close to the end on the pigtail connector. Good find 10base2, ordered a replacement, should be here in a few days, ill post again once i get it replaced

Edited by Prometheus-2486

My very first mkiv also works fine. I think I was one of the first to get one also.

And I assure you; no devices will associate with my pineapples # 1 or # 2, regardless of duration of attempts.

I have spent many a night trying endlessly.

Seb? Can I send you one? I could throw in a dub for your troubles. I bet someone can fix it.

When I got my mkiv, I noticed straight away the antenna connector was as loose as hell, but only after I had already screwed the antenna on... Needless to say the air turned blue when I realised I had done what a few others on here have obviously done, tightened it up so much that the cable turned and snapped on the inside, but after replacing it, I was still getting problems with connections, I've had to do a reflash, and so far... It's all working fine.

But I would say that anyone looking to buy one, does need to check that connector is nice and tight before first use!

Tested it further. Karma is working, association is going off without any hitches. Not 100% confident though because for whatever reason my mark IV associated fine where i'm at right now, and haven't gotten a chance to do a test in a target rich environment. So hopefully sometime soon I'll get a chance to test it in the wild lol.

UPDATE

Tested this further, in a target rich environment and the thing decided to stop associating again. So either I received a dud pigtail, broke it while putting it on, or this didn't solve my issue. Any feedback from others that had ordered pigtails? If it seemed to work for others i will order another and give it a shot

Edited by Prometheus-2486