[Question][Firmware] Firmware questions

Which firmware is available?

Which firmware is the best/do you recommend me?

What are the differences between each available firmware.

i'd like to know that before i change my firmware to the mass storage + hid one (does that even mean that i can change the payload while the SDcard is in the ducky, in my computer?) lol.

I really have the feeling i will do something wrong. (I have the same feeling when i have to flash roms to my android but whatever)

I appreciate all the information that you guys give me!

There's a sticky thread (http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/28254-tutorial-re-flashingupgrading-the-ducky-winxp-32bit/) that tells you everything you need to know about this.

It includes a link to the dev site to download (and view information about) the various firmwares.

Firmware to Support HID on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android & IOS

Firmware to Support Mass Storage (acts like USB Drive)

Firmware to Support Multiple Payloads in HID mode (Triggers via Keyboard LEDs)

Firmware Composite Device; Mass Storage & Keyboard,Language Independent

I use the TwinDuck v2.1 firmware at the moment. While I'm developing, it's nice to have the Pen Drive access so I'm not constantly swapping drives. Just load a new inject.bin and press the button.

I'm waiting for the MultiDuck firmware to come out, I'd like the TwinDuck and MultiplePayloadDuck firmwares to be combined, giving UMD access and four possible scripts to run.

Any v2+ firmware is compatible with the latest hardware. You may find difficulty running some of the latest scripts on the v1 and stock. There's a noted speed increase as well with the v2 over the v1 when running it as a USB Pen Drive.

Edited by midnitesnake
minor

Is it possible to combine every firmware into one?

Well just the HID, Mass Storage & Multiple Payloads?

What would even happen if the inject.bin presses one of the three multi payload buttons? XD

And if this is not possible..

I have to use USB_V2.1.hex right?

Would be epic to have everything into one, i wonder if the Mass Storage just shows the content of the SD

like it would do when you have it in your SDcard reader. Would seem a little bit suspicious ( a regular USB Stick that has a file on it, called inject.bin, lol) :P

Every firmware has the HID in it already right? Probably yes^^

The USB Mass Storage Device firmware does not have the HID stuff in it, the triggers are only activated when the device is first inserts. Pressing NUM_LOCK will have no affect when it comes to chain-loading scripts, so far as I know. As mentioned everything is explained, in detail on the wiki.

Would be epic to have everything into one, i wonder if the Mass Storage just shows the content of the SD

like it would do when you have it in your SDcard reader. Would seem a little bit suspicious ( a regular USB Stick that has a file on it, called inject.bin, lol) :P
Every firmware has the HID in it already right? Probably yes^^
  • Mass Storage acts like a USB drive - No HID Injection!
  • Mass Storage and Twin Duck Firmware, give access to the sdcard just like an sd-reader, so you see all files depending on your system and ACLs

Oh so am i right? The;
  • c_duck_v2.1.hex (Twin Duck - Reloaded; Composite V2.1) is an HID and an Mass Storage.. So you can execute things from the SD with the inject.bin?
  • USB_v2.1.hex (FAT Duck; Mass Storage Version 2.1) Makes from the USB Ducky, an SDcard reader alone since it reads the SDcard just like an reader and nothing else.
  • c_ducky_v2_S002 & S001 (Composite Duck - Special Request 00*) No idea what the special request is but probably not better then the twinduck.
  • m_duck_v2.hex (Detour Duck Version 2 (Multi Payload) (formerly Naked Duck)) is an HID with Multiple Payload possibilities.
  • c_duck_v2.hex (Twin Duck - Reloaded) Lower version from the Twin Duck...
  • USB_v2.hex (FAT Duck; Mass Storage Version 2) Lower version of from the useless? Lets say.. standalone, SDcard reader with no extra posibilities?
  • duck_v2.hex (Duck Firmware Version 2) The default firmware i have now? I guess..

And you were saying, you also would like to have the twinduck + multipayload in one, which is like i said and also wanted the HID, Mass Storage and Multi Payloads.. I can't wait :D But prefer the twinduck over the multi payloads if it is not going to happen^^

Edited by h4x0r666

Yes!!!

Descriptions about why S001 & S002 are on the download page

Basically, the HID triggers are different - LOCK_KEYS or GPIO button.

Edited by midnitesnake

yeah i see, it disables the auto run and makes it possible to run the payload through those triggers..

so i should get the newest twinduck and wait for a twinduck which also contains the multi payloads? :P mkay

(i hope the new encoder works since the last one with the repeat function didnt..)

Edited by h4x0r666