Jump to content

Pineapple Mark IV firmware update failure


Timbra
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a pineapple Mark IV and yesterday I performed a OTA download and firmware upgrade. It had 2.3.1 and I was upgrading to 2.7.0. I was using a laptop with Backtrack R3 and had it tethered. It downloaded the firmware perfectly and the update started with no errors so I walked away and came back about 10 minutes later. I noticed that it was still running and did not think much of it and went back to work for about another 30 to 45 minutes. I then noticed it was still running and was not displaying any errors. I have flashed many devices and very rarely see flashes go over 5 minutes let alone almost an hour. I then thought that the update did not start or there was some other problem so I tried to connect to the 192.168.42.1/pineapple with no success.

I must assume that there was either a mis-communication between my laptop and the pineapple or an error in the download of the firmware any thoughts? at any rate I powered off the Pineapple and tried to power back on and reconnect with no success. is there another way to gain back access to the Pineapple without purchasing a serial control board to re-flash?

Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OTA upgrades have only existed from version 2.5.0 onwards. Either way, seeing as you have upgraded to 2.7.0, I assume you have read the changelog and know why 172.16.42.1/pineapple doesn't work anymore. I suggest you either scroll through the pages, look at the release thread (first stickied thread on here..) or read the changelog to find your answer.

In case I am wrong and the upgrade did fail, does the pineapple respond to ping? To SSH? Anyway, you re trying to access the webUI the wrong way. I really don't mean to sound harsh but we have probably said this hundreds of times now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the response. first let me apologize for not being complete in my description. I did attempt to connect to http://172.16.42.1:1471 and it still did not work. my concern was primarily with the fact that it did not tell me it completed and after over 30 minutes went by and it did not say anything. I just did a reset by holding the button down for 7 seconds and am now able to access the device. odd though I am still not able to ping it in my BT R3 laptop but can on a windows box? There must be something going on with my BT install and I will have to look into that.

However thank you for being honest and direct. I did read the change log and meant to say that I attempted http://172.16.42.1:1471 and when that did not work i tried 172.16.42.1/pineapple thinking that for some reason the flash did not take.

It appears that my Pineapple is working properly now and the problem must be in my laptop somewhere.

Thank you,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the response. first let me apologize for not being complete in my description. I did attempt to connect to http://172.16.42.1:1471 and it still did not work. my concern was primarily with the fact that it did not tell me it completed and after over 30 minutes went by and it did not say anything. I just did a reset by holding the button down for 7 seconds and am now able to access the device. odd though I am still not able to ping it in my BT R3 laptop but can on a windows box? There must be something going on with my BT install and I will have to look into that.

However thank you for being honest and direct. I did read the change log and meant to say that I attempted http://172.16.42.1:1471 and when that did not work i tried 172.16.42.1/pineapple thinking that for some reason the flash did not take.

It appears that my Pineapple is working properly now and the problem must be in my laptop somewhere.

Thank you,

Sorry for my harsh reply, I was in a hurry and have seen to many of these posts. No offence intended.

I am glad you got it working after a while. The reason why the page didn't update is because the AJAX script makes a GET request to a site on the same port. As the port has changed from 2.6.4 up, the GET is never able to find the page it is looking for and can't show that the upgrade is complete.

Now, I know that sucks but there is nothing we can do about it now - we can't go back and change it. I do hope (and I have had reports that this is the case), that the hakshop is now shipping with 2.7.0 firmwares. This is great as it means people shouldn't experience this issue any more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...