Good, above board bots

whitehat

I've slowly fallen in love with Facebook Friend Adder Pro, by http://www.livelyservice.com . I'm experimenting with a LinkedIn bot www.linkedinbot.com though it's been giving me trouble. They also make a Twitter one, but they are trying to charge $395 so save your money until someone cracks it and they change the price to $30.

Does anyone else know of anything good?

Of course there's Scrapebox and a macro utility called iRobot Soft, but as far as social networking and other fun bots that aren't backdoored underground malware -- does anyone know of anything good?

Links would be appreciated!

Edited by whitehat

lol o come on what's black hat about bots?

i mean i suppose you could use them for spamming and that's blackhat/grayhat but i honestly dont. i use them for SEO in the case of Facebook and I've got a secret business plan involving the linkedin bot (it's http://linkedinbot.com/ but i'm not necessarily recommending this particular bot at this time).

I thought the Twitter one would be good for SEO but I want to get one that's not $395 or made FSBS (for skids by skids). i know a guy with 55,000 twitter accounts, and i'm just sayin', i would feel more confident in my masculinity if i also knew how to make billions of accounts and use them in an automated way. not to abuse it, just for the fun and the educational value.

but even so..i guess if bots are wrong then i dont wanna be right LOL. but it's all about what you do with em, you know. i'd really like an open source one, but im sure that's not gonna happen.

Edited by whitehat

Digininja I think made a command and control bot that you can use Twitter as the control center, and then other sites that listen to the user, can receive commands, but not exactly sure what kind of bot you are looking for that helps with SEO purposes. Blackhat SEO stuff, tends to actually get you lower search indexing over the long term. The shoot you up to the top of google in a few days, but over time, they catch on and then actually blacklist your site, so you need to ensure all traffic looks unique, all IP's, useragents, cookies, session data, GeoIP location data,yada, yada, yada, is unique and not overtly obviously a bot, like auto blogs that make automatic blog posts by scraping other sites, to use for adsense revenue, google has stopped a lot of those kinds of abuse. Facebook though, can't stand, so f with them all day long and wreck their new social graph with fake personas..lol

Edited by digip

LOL! Thanks very much for the info! sorry for the late reply

The facebook one I really primarily just use to boost the "likes" of my girlfriend's fan page. She's noob enough to get a thrill out of it. Oh, and for the record, when I picked the screen name (and it was a quick decision) I just figured it would be a little bit ironic/funny but also basically true, as it happens. Not because I don't love all things blackhat -- I do, and I do like to learn about blackhat stuff just like any student of a digital systems security program would -- but I am way too scared and risk averse to actually try to make money in a blackhat way or get famous hacking public icons. It pays too good and it's too enjoyable just to avoid it.

I'll admit it gets tempting sometimes tho. YT Cracker and his whole crew like cam0, Pad, and the DG seem to make plenty of cash doing SEO... but then they have had plenty of legal trouble too. So that's the reason to be a whitehat I guess lol

Edited by whitehat