[BugReport] Payload does not autorun

foringer

Hello, there!

Just recived my new Rubber Duck (it took about 1 month to travel me) and have some trouble with it.

First I had problems with sd-card. It was formatted with fat16 and duck didn't see it. Formatting with fat32 solved the problem.

Next what I have now - the payload does not start automaticly. It loads only when I press button on the duck. Why can that be?

Another question - is there any possibility to partition sd card in two parts, so that one partition will be visible in the target OS? What I want is to save some files from target OS on the partition on the sd card with the payload which runs from another partition. I think you got idea, sorry for bad english....

At the end, thank you for great device!!!

Auto-run:
stock firmware: the HID payload should execute relatively straight away

community firmware: you need an initial delay eg DELAY 5000 (may need to be tweaked)
composite firmware: not possible, as the drive initally mounts as mass storage, you need to push the button to trigger hid mode.

Partitioning:
Short answer no, the card can be partitioned but your limited to 1x access control (either ducky reads both partitions, or OS reads both)

Look into c_duck_v2.hex (Twin Duck/composite) firmware that can use hid injection, to load a pre-defined script/binary on the sdcard partition.

Edited by midnitesnake

Thanks,

I resolve the problem with payload autostart using this firmware - https://github.com/downloads/hak5darren/USB-Rubber-Ducky/Duck%20Firmware.hex

Partitioning - it's a pity. So in this case, is there any possibility withing payload create fake USB-flash drive letter which will be accessible to the user? What I want - user plugs in rubber duck -> fake usb-flash appears (for example drive e:) -> user writes some files to it (I don't need these files, the main idea is to remove suspissions) -> user ejects duck -> fake drive dissapears....

Hypothetically, on the lower levels, it would seem you would need to implement some kind of auto-delete system that runs through the EEPROM. I would fear that it would be dangerous because how do you propose writing anything new to the duckey? If you implement hidden folders that auto.ini, then I think that would be better. Make a folder for the victim; but make everything else stay hidden...

But hell... I am hung over from too much Balvene 21 year old Scotch from Christmas; so I may just be incoherently explaining things... :D ... inebriated = this guy