Unable to log into Pineapple

neatguy

Hello all, I have a support request I hope someone can help with. I have a MKiv running firmware version 2.70. I purchased my Pineapple at DerbyCon a couple months ago and have used it happily with no issues until now. My issue is as follows:

I recently held the reset button for 7 seconds for a factory reset. Since then, when I browse to 172.16.42.1:1471, I am prompted for username and password as usual. However, the default username/password combination does not get me in. I get ping replies with no problem. Further, when attempting to SSH into the device, I am prompted for the password but the default password results in "Access Denied". Additional anomaly: the only lights aglow on the device are "PWR" and "WPS".

Any help would be much appreciated, because I love my Pineapple and feel empty without it.

Edited by neatguy

Hello all, I have a support request I hope someone can help with. I have a MKiv running firmware version 2.70. I purchased my Pineapple at DerbyCon a couple months ago and have used it happily with no issues until now. My issue is as follows:

I recently held the reset button for 7 seconds for a factory reset. Since then, when I browse to 10.16.42.1:1471, I am prompted for username and password as usual. However, the default username/password combination does not get me in. I get ping replies with no problem. Further, when attempting to SSH into the device, I am prompted for the password but the default password results in "Access Denied". Additional anomaly: the only lights aglow on the device are "PWR" and "WPS".

Any help would be much appreciated, because I love my Pineapple and feel empty without it.

After a reset the UI should be located at 172.16.42.1:1471 and you would ssh into 172.16.41.1 as well