Openwrt Compatibility?

Razzlerock

Hi guys, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - I did have a search of the forums and couldn't find the answer I wanted.

Basically, I am trying to understand the compatibility between the Pineapple Mark IV and OpenWRT. My understanding is that the pineapple is running OpenWRT. However, there are certain things that my pineapple doesn't seem to support that OpenWRT does support :(

I have tried openswan - installed to USB - service won't start. Today I tried to set up a basic GRE tunnel and this too doesn't work (see below).

root@Pineapple:~# ip tunnel add tun0 mode gre remote 172.16.42.42 local 172.16.42.1 ttl 255

add tunnel gre0 failed: No such device

root@Pineapple:~#

I'm assuming its a cut-down version of OpenWRT - if so, how do I know what is and isn't supported on the pineapple?

Thanks in advance.

Razzlerock

Hey Seb, thanks for the reply. So basically, it should run everything that runs on OpenWRT and if I encounter any problems its likely to be down to the software not being stable. Right?

Hey Seb, thanks for the reply. So basically, it should run everything that runs on OpenWRT and if I encounter any problems its likely to be down to the software not being stable. Right?

Exactly. OpenWRT is a great OS but sadly it has a few oddities about it.

Not everything runs as it should, as we have seen in the past and sometimes it just behaves in unexpected ways.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne