Drivers License...

NegativeSpace

Hmm. And how the hell did you do that? I know each state is different, but in mine, you are required to go to DMV with what they call "points" where you have to show specific number of documents to equal a certain number of points to even be eligable for a new license, and all state drivers licenses require photos now, and no longer can you mail in renewals or do so over the internet and such, like we used to. Was so nice back before 9/11 when you could just go online and pay to renew it, and they mailed you a new license(with no photo ID required). Now everything is bardcoded with mag strips on the back for swiping all your data off them too, something I see a a severe flaw in implementation considering the home-brew scene for atm card cloning and forging/reading.

Did they take your photo with the iPad or something? What was it used for that they needed an iPad?

If this was legit, I'd like to know what you were doing at the DHS. If this was a hack using your own iPad, not the smartest one to brag about.

I think the OP is bluffing. With all the tight security around, the only thing that you can pay online is for your phone or internet bill. But I would like very much to know the exact process you followed. Unless, where you live there is no restrictions at all on how you renew your driver's license, which sounds a bit fishy.

• 5 months later...

I think the OP is bluffing. With all the tight security around, the only thing that you can pay online is for your phone or internet bill. But I would like very much to know the exact process you followed. Unless, where you live there is no restrictions at all on how you renew your driver's license, which sounds a bit fishy.

I've just gone back to read some oldd stuff I forgot about so it's a little late. It's no bluff, because I don't do that, and it wasn't a hack or illegal. I renewed my license at the building of the DMV, but the licensing process is now handled by the DHS, by DHS agents/employees. In this particular DMV building there are two ipads with DHS software that are used for renewing drivers licenses. I didn't say I did it over the internet. I did it on an ipad that connected to the local network over unencrypted wifi. No one asked me a single question or asked for any documents, aside from the software asking for my credit card number and DL number, and if I wanted to change any of the info on my license such as my address or telephone number. The DHS employees did, however, take a new picture and print a new high tech license using every bit of my old information. Someone could have went in there with a credit card and stolen my identity pretty damn easily. Furthermore, anyone who wanted to could have sat in the parking lot with a laptop and captured every packet of data that the DHS used to lrint my new license. Presumably an attacker could have even transmitted spoofed data to whatever computer makes the license image.