Motorola Triumph = Ftw

Pwnd2Pwnr

I have recently bought a new, slightly used Motorola Triumph. It has a lot of nice specs, especially the 1GHz processor. What, (besides BT5), could take advantage of this power? Are there any apps that can make this phone, for lack of a better word, more bad ass?

PS, what would benefit me if I added Ubuntu to it? Could I set it up so it is a IP phone?

(Virgin Mobile prepaid)

Edited by Pwnd2Pwnr

I'm actually posting this from my Triumph. I've been rocken them since they released. What exactly do you mean by, "What could take advantage of its power"?

The first thing I would do is root it, which I've seen you've already done, so its time to throw clockwork recovery on it. After that I recommend installing a different rom. Personally for this exact phone I use cm 7.2 g60.

Once you have flashed that season with apps to taste.

Network Spoofer, USB cleaver, penetrate pro, shark, droidsheep, wifikill, nmap, and ant if you can get it.

Those are all the "fun" apps I use, whatelse are you looking to do with your triumph?

I'm actually posting this from my Triumph. I've been rocken them since they released. What exactly do you mean by, "What could take advantage of its power"?

The first thing I would do is root it, which I've seen you've already done, so its time to throw clockwork recovery on it. After that I recommend installing a different rom. Personally for this exact phone I use cm 7.2 g60.

Once you have flashed that season with apps to taste.

Network Spoofer, USB cleaver, penetrate pro, shark, droidsheep, wifikill, nmap, and ant if you can get it.

Those are all the "fun" apps I use, whatelse are you looking to do with your triumph?

I love my phone, but the damned USB is ALWAYS HIT OR MISS. I know that if the USB dislodged (it barely moves and loses connectivity) could corrupt any data sent between the devices. I want to back up my original ROM, but with the tether connecting/disconnecting constantly, I am frankly concerned that I will brick it.

To answer your question, I want my phone to be a Gray hat Swiss army knife. I am just concerned about ROM backing and replacement. Can I do this all VIA SD (silly question probably, but I am not bricking my Triumph).

To answer your question, yes everything is done via SD. I have played with this phone for over a year and never once have I bricked it, and it was my first Droid.

I've seen you post all over these boards, and judging by the content of your posts, I think its fair to assume you have, at the very least, the minimal amount of "tech savy " required.

Furthermore it is next to impossible to brick a triumph. While they are not the greatest phones ever, they are pretty damn good, and a devs dream.

As far as your "greyhat Swiss army knife" see the apps I listed in my previous post.

Finally if you would like links to anything, or would like me to break something down further (I.e. the exact steps to take while flashing a rom) feel free to post here or pm me and ask. I am always more than willing to help when I can.

-Lord Odin

Edited by Odin Alexzander