[Fixed][Bug] Usb Hubs

PineDominator

Ok so I just got my belkin F5U404PBLK 4 port hub and I can start the mk4 fine with the hub powered and an alfa NHA plugged in but when I use a thumb drive "and I tested 2 different 16gig" the pineapple hangs and I can not log in via web or ssh.

BUT when I place this command "/etc/init.d/fstab restart" at the top of the /etc/rc.local script "this is the execute on boot script" it now works with a thumb drive plugged in from the start?

so I have tracked the issue to fstab/thumb drive, is there anyother way to fix this without placing this command? or should people be aware of this issue?

EDIT:

found this bug report that may be related? https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/11275

and I have seen these errors from my serial connection https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=23970 maybe this is the problem?

Edited by petertfm

Hey Peter,

Have you given this a shot?

This will give any usb device some time to settle in after the pineapple powers up.

While it is for 3g dongles, it seems like it is the same thing. I am adding this to the next firmware release anyway so if this fixes it we can kill two birds with one stone.

Best,

Sebkinne

PS: Awesome work tracing it that far!

Hey Peter,

Have you given this a shot?

This will give any usb device some time to settle in after the pineapple powers up.

While it is for 3g dongles, it seems like it is the same thing. I am adding this to the next firmware release anyway so if this fixes it we can kill two birds with one stone.

Best,

Sebkinne

PS: Awesome work tracing it that far!

OMG works awesome, I removed my modifacation and added the sleep 15:-D

It allso works when rebooting:-) Sebkinne and WM you are the best