[Invalid][Bug] Booting With Lan Port Connected To Computer

sickduck

MK4 2.4.1

Booting the Pineapple with the POE/LAN port connected to a computer will cause the Pineapple not to work. I am unable to access the Pineapple via LAN or Wifi. I am unable to ping or access the web configuration via LAN or Wifi. The Pineapple broadcasts it's SSID and I am able to connect to it via Wifi but the DHCP server must not be working because I am getting an APIPA (169.254). NIC on my computer is set to 172.16.42.42. The link light is lit on my NIC.

If I disconnect the LAN cable then power cycle the Pineapple I can connect to if I connect the LAN cable after it is already booted.

Hey Sickduck,

I cannot replicate this problem and I have tried on three different devices.

I reboot the pineapple about 20-40 times when work on it by re-flashing and then rebooting it and I have never encountered this.

Could you simply do a re-flash of the 2.4.1 firmware?

MK4 2.4.1

Booting the Pineapple with the POE/LAN port connected to a computer will cause the Pineapple not to work. I am unable to access the Pineapple via LAN or Wifi. I am unable to ping or access the web configuration via LAN or Wifi. The Pineapple broadcasts it's SSID and I am able to connect to it via Wifi but the DHCP server must not be working because I am getting an APIPA (169.254). NIC on my computer is set to 172.16.42.42. The link light is lit on my NIC.

If I disconnect the LAN cable then power cycle the Pineapple I can connect to if I connect the LAN cable after it is already booted.

this could be related to the issue of the mk4 needing to fully boot "WPS light stops flashing" then waiting 12 seconds after that and you should be able to log in via web gui and ssh, NOTE: any attempt to access the mk4 before it is fully loaded will mess it up so a reboot is needed and if you leave your browser on the status page that will mess it up too because it will try to access 172.16.42.1

this issue has come and gone a number of times for me, and re-flashing does not always work in my cases.

Petertfm,

Again, not sure why that happens. Take a look at how the upgrade system works:

It keeps requesting a page over AJAX until the pineapple has rebooted with the new firmware. It will then give you the message that the firmware upgrade is complete.

What you will notice is that it will give you that message BEFORE the WPS light stops blinking. That means interaction. So again I cannot confirm this issue.. Mind you, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.