Best Antenna For Long Range Attacks?

Rotunda

Hey all

I'm going to a camp site soon... I wanna finally try my pineapple mark III out...

The camp site is pretty big id say 200 yards squared... What sort of antenna should i get for maximum range in a 360 (omni-directional?) way

I've used the Yagi style antennas like Hak5 use but tbh i found them really crap when i used it with my Alfa 2000mW wireless N adaptor... and im 99% sure they are directional anyway i want 360 for maximum ownage!

Any idea's?

• 3 weeks later...

Yagi antennas are directional antennas, just as precise as parabolic antennas are.

Your best bet is just a large antenna like the one that came with your Alfa. Those are considered omni-directional antennas. If you pump in enough power they can get you quite a long distance.

Edited by Sitwon

This is true, you can edit the max power factor and such to increase range. Overall you will get a stronger signal with a better antenna (such as the yagi). While yes it is true that it is not an omnidirectional antenna (you have to point it), it has an exceptional radius for being a, sorry if I use the wrong term here, directional antenna. Comparing the yagi to other large parabolic antennas, the yagi performs in such a manner that it is apparent that it has a wider radius. Omnidirectional antennas are great and allow for the most versatility, but if you don't mind slowly turning your antenna until you find the strongest, or at least a suitable signal, a stronger directional antenna will get you better signal quality.

Yagi antennas are directional antennas, just as precise as parabolic antennas are.

Your best bet is just a large antenna like the one that came with your Alfa. Those are considered omni-directional antennas. If you pump in enough power they can get you quite a long distance.

Cranking the power up will also crank up the noise. You should get pretty decent coverage with the stock antenna, if not your local micro center type store should carry 7dbi omni antennas at a reasonable price.

• 3 weeks later...

Cranking the power up will also crank up the noise. You should get pretty decent coverage with the stock antenna, if not your local micro center type store should carry 7dbi omni antennas at a reasonable price.

A high dbi antenna will give you better results and performance, even without pumping more power into it.