Single User Mode Possible?

bismark

So yeah I was resetting the root password and I fat fingered my entry somehow and now I can't get into my Mark IV. Is there a way to go into the equivalent of single user mode on it to reset the root password or am I going to need to reflash it as if I bricked it?

If reflashing is the case then will the following cable work from Adafruit work? https://www.adafruit.com/products/70

Feeling dumb now, going to go have a beer.

So yeah I was resetting the root password and I fat fingered my entry somehow and now I can't get into my Mark IV. Is there a way to go into the equivalent of single user mode on it to reset the root password or am I going to need to reflash it as if I bricked it?

If reflashing is the case then will the following cable work from Adafruit work? https://www.adafruit.com/products/70

Feeling dumb now, going to go have a beer.

Yea, if you borked the root password, you're going to have to reflash.

You don't have to 'reflash' as such, if you can get serial access to the router you can simply reset the password and log back on via ssh. Use a usb to uart adaptor, and do not plug in vcc, only TX, rx and ground.

You don't have to 'reflash' as such, if you can get serial access to the router you can simply reset the password and log back on via ssh. Use a usb to uart adaptor, and do not plug in vcc, only TX, rx and ground.

Thanks inTheDMZ that worked perfectly, the ADA Fruit cable worked, just had to remove the correct pins and connect them up.

Just throwing this out there for anyone else with a similar problem.

Since around firmware 2.0.0 the reset button on the bottom of the pineapple will reset the root password to the default "pineapplesareyummy"

Boot the pineapple as usual. Wait for the WPS light to stop blinking. Then another minute after that just for good measure. Then hold the reset button (located on the bottom of the unit) for 10 seconds. Wait another minute and reboot the pineapple. Everything should be right as red.