Usb Power & Fried Pineapples?

Crazy52

Short answer, it'll be awesome dude. Long answer is long...

Let me preface this with a big fat WARNING!!!!! The following advice only pertains to those who have two SEPARATE batteries or usb ports or whatever. Doing the following on one computer with multiple usb ports will be VERY BAD for your computer.

With that out of the way, to more fully answer your question, it depends on how you wire the Y cable.

If its in series (taking the + and putting it to the - of each usb port) then you will double the voltage (from 5V to 10V) which will (via ohms law) thereby reducing the amount of amps you're pulling. In lay terms, that means your batteries will last twice as long (booya!).

Wiring the the Y cable in parallel, you will have double the capacity (amp/hours) but the same voltage...5V.

See this diagram for a visual explanation: http://www.zbattery.com/core/media/media.nl?id=7097&c=288557&h=dfa0e19a839ae9849759

Either way, its full of awesome as long as, once again - you're doing this with TWO SEPARATE POWER SOURCES. Have fun!

Also, has anyone actually had fried pineapples? I wonder if its good...

telot

Edited by telot

im wondering if using 2 USB Battery Pack's from the hakshop along with a Y connector to the pineapple would fry everything or would it help.

any ideas?

The way I understand it your idea should be safe to try.

It should increase your capacity but not the voltage so I don't see any danger.

I wonder if the voltage regulator in the pineapple has higher efficiencies at 10v rather than 5v. That might make the case for using them in series.

a case for keeping 5volts is if you want to use the setup to charge your phone or other USB bus devices.

Also, has anyone actually had fried pineapples? I wonder if its good...

telot

mine ended up ok, but I bought another one anyway...

IMG00080_20120414_2108.jpg

how long did you have it plugged in for?, and did you get any better performance than with just 1 battery?

.25 sec. I saw smoke and unplugged. I was attempting to use a lead-acid battery and had (duh_) assigned the pos/neg incorrectly. I really lucked out from what I've read. Shoulda fried the thing...