Windows 8

bobbyb1980

Windows 8 is going to be like windows vista. People are going to stick with windows 7 till the next OS release.

Unless they buy it on an HP tablet, which people will want, but will not be more than a toy like the iPad. For real work, WIndowss 7 will still be the main thing. There is a registry edit though in win8, not sure if they will remove it, that I changed on my Win8vm, that removes metro adn the new desktop, and it reverts to the identical desktop of Windows 7. So its mroe or less win7, with some new security and touch screen enhancments, and a few GUI changes when in metro desktop mode.

Unless they buy it on an HP tablet, which people will want, but will not be more than a toy like the iPad. For real work, WIndowss 7 will still be the main thing. There is a registry edit though in win8, not sure if they will remove it, that I changed on my Win8vm, that removes metro adn the new desktop, and it reverts to the identical desktop of Windows 7. So its mroe or less win7, with some new security and touch screen enhancments, and a few GUI changes when in metro desktop mode.

I'm pretty sure it has the same touchscreen support that Windows 7 has.

Windows Touch

I'm pretty sure it has the same touchscreen support that Windows 7 has.

Windows Touch

Most likely true I don't know, but I'm talking about the Metro interface which makes no sense on desktop machines with no touch screens. Windows 8 is geared more for touch devices with the Metro interface being a sort of replacment for the normal desktop. Windows has had touch capabilities I think since XP tablet editions.

Edited by digip