Windows Tethering Broken?

redhook

I've been trying to get my new Pineapple MK IV to tether to my laptop (sharing the wireless connection via ICS) for internet connectivity with no success. I have followed the instructions included with it and it just will not get internet connectivity. Is this currently broken?

Well upgrading the firmware did not fix this.

EDIT: Got it working. Had to disable the Pineapple's firewall and the ethernet cable goes in the PoE port, not the WAN port.

Was going to warn you about the WAN port, I made that same mistake

Richy,

I would take one that has 12V output the "mAh " tells you the battery pack will last longer the bigger the number is.

I am saying to use the 12V as if you at one point want to use a 3G dongel they have an issue running on only 5V as the USB port usually have.

You can read some posts here in the forum were people had issues with only 5V with 3G dongles connected to the pineapple and the pinapple running on only 5V battery packs.

I did but i dont have firewall in my /etc/init.d/ folder im on version 1.1.1 and dont see firewall in there

I did but i dont have firewall in my /etc/init.d/ folder im on version 1.1.1 and dont see firewall in there

RichyB I don't think the firewall in firmware 1.1.1 has been enabled, turned off a few versions ago, maybe your own windows based firewall?

I had to enable a setting in mine to allow ICS

Edited by petertfm