No Space Left On Device

I just got my MKIV today and am a total noob. I copied the rick roll over to the www directory and everything worked fine with dns spoof. I was then trying to get my sandisk usb drive to work and am not sure what I did.

When I run the df command I get this

root@Pineapple:/# df

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on

rootfs 1088 1020 68 94% /

/dev/root 5120 5120 0 100% /rom

tmpfs 14768 520 14248 4% /tmp

tmpfs 512 0 512 0% /dev

/dev/mtdblock3 1088 1020 68 94% /overlay

overlayfs:/overlay 1088 1020 68 94% /

/dev/mtdblock7 5120 5120 0 100% /mnt/mtdblock7

/dev/sda1 3842376 76696 3570492 2% /usb

root@Pineapple:/#

Obviously my /dev/root is full and I can't even move files or run the cleanup script. Any help on finding out what is filling up the drive would be great.

I just got my MKIV today and am a total noob. I copied the rick roll over to the www directory and everything worked fine with dns spoof. I was then trying to get my sandisk usb drive to work and am not sure what I did.

When I run the df command I get this

root@Pineapple:/# df

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on

rootfs 1088 1020 68 94% /

/dev/root 5120 5120 0 100% /rom

tmpfs 14768 520 14248 4% /tmp

tmpfs 512 0 512 0% /dev

/dev/mtdblock3 1088 1020 68 94% /overlay

overlayfs:/overlay 1088 1020 68 94% /

/dev/mtdblock7 5120 5120 0 100% /mnt/mtdblock7

/dev/sda1 3842376 76696 3570492 2% /usb

root@Pineapple:/#

Obviously my /dev/root is full and I can't even move files or run the cleanup script. Any help on finding out what is filling up the drive would be great.

there is not enough room in the pineapple for phishing pages remove what you put in the www folder and place it on the usb the symbolically link the www folder to the folder on the usb

The problem is not copying files to the www directory. I removed the 3 files that I copied and other than that it is exactly like when I set it up. I was running the fstab changes in the usb webpage of the pineapple and I issued the command

root@Pineapple:~# mkswap /dev/sda1 instead of root@Pineapple:~# mkswap /dev/sda2

now my /dev/root directory is showing %100 full. I even went to the log files and deleted the karma log file and the device still shows as full!

Will flashing the pineapple take it back to factory settings and clear out the damage or is there something easier I can do.

Again I am a noob at this so if you need more info just tell me what to do.

Thanks

If you're running version 1.0.2, in the advanced tab of the pineapple you'll find a button that says "Reset to factory defaults". Clicking that button in this instance will unset any strange changes you've made so you can start again. If not you can reflash the pineapple (And upgrade it to 1.0.2 at the same time) and it will reset it to factory defaults. To flash it simply follow one of the guides on this forum for the MKIV hardware. Best of luck.

Edited by Isc

So I flashed it by copying the files to the /tmp/upgrade.bin and ran the update command from there. I am back and working!!! woo hoo

This time I will follow the usb swap directions from here http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=25882

The one thing that would have saved me some time is that the usb drive

HAS TO BE FORMATTED TO EXT4

for the pineapple to recognize it. Make sure you do that before you try to set it up as a swap drive.

Hope this helps

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...