Storage On 3g Dongle

condor

woot! I messed it up good, but recovered. What a feeling.

Does anyone else have 3/4G? Does it have storage via microSD? I have the t-mobile ZTE MF591. MarkIV mounts it @ /mnt/sdb1. opkg returns error:

* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/usb//usr': Read-only file system.
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/usb//usr': Read-only file system.

I attempted editing fstab under config mount:

option target   /mnt/sdb1

I even attempted a link from /usb/ to /mnt/sdb1 and received same error as above^

( :unsure:then did it backwards, which I have to figure out howto undo)

In posting this, a new idea came; I'll put the packages on there using bt5 and then re-insert into 4G dongle...

Or can someone help me in editing opkg.conf?

I'm no expert, in fact I'm just starting out with the pineapple. But I was having the same error about the Read-only file system when I used a usb drive. How I fixed it is I left it in the pineapple then power cycled it.

My problem seems to be that the device (although using usb) used to store data is actually a microSD card inside the usb 4G dongle. I don't know howto install the package w/ that dest. opkg still returns error re: usb/ /usr.

It's gonna drive me nuts, I'll get it eventually, however I would love any input.

This bad_boy is set up @ a restaurant as I type this. But I'm not so interested in playing 'tricks' like rickrolling, although fun, I want the packets logged all day while I work ;)

Running MK IV 1.02

I dont know if this will help but I have a Huaewei 3G stick with Micro SD, I couldn't format it as EXT4 as per the instruction at http://wifipineapple.com/doku.php?id=usbdrive

It would detect my standard USB stick but not the Micro SD.

Quick google showed me to use Mini Tools Partition.

http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Home-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html

That let me change my Micro SD to EXT4 That may help with the 'read error'

I am still having trouble finding the USB drive via the pineapple I can access it via SSH and SCP.

Where do I find the files on the USB via the pineapple?

Thanks in advance

Thanks Valsacar

I did try the /USB folder but wouldn't show anything in there. This was me using a Huawei 3G stick with 8Gig microSD it can see the folder but nothing was there, it is EXT4 format.

The MicroSD works fine in BT5R2

Tried my standard USB stick and works fine in Pineapple was able to install tcpdump and NMap no problems.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by whitehat, April 10, 2012 - blah
Hidden by whitehat, April 10, 2012 - blah

Thanks Valsacar

I did try the /USB folder but wouldn't show anything in there. This was me using a Huawei 3G stick with 8Gig microSD it can see the folder but nothing was there, it is EXT4 format.

The MicroSD works fine in BT5R2

Tried my standard USB stick and works fine in Pineapple was able to install tcpdump and NMap no problems.

I have the same question with the MC760. I'm not saying the established way of writing to the SD memory card doesn't work, I'm just not sure what it is. Should I follow the exact same steps described here?