Grub4dos Usb Dualboot

brl1214

Alright so this is probably the better place to ask for information retaining the subject at hand. I have a system that has a dual boot Win XP x64 and Ubuntu 11.10 but I mainly boot from a usb running grub4dos. My question is how would I go of adding the new entries of booting ubuntu's 2 entries of normal but also the recovery console. Then when that's setup how would I remove the grub dual boot from my system harddrive or could I still use grub4dos to boot Ubuntu or XP and have the grub on my hardrive as a fallback option.

Edited by brl1214

• 2 weeks later...

No, Ubuntu uses a linux version of Grub and also is for the system not Usb Stick. U can edit the Grub > Menu.lst in Ubuntu...

Wait a minutue this going be Grub2 path cd /boot/grub filename grub.cfg. Grub2 and Grub are slightly different. Grub2.

Grub4dos is not quite the same as Grub2! Good luck Just follow the link and read up on Grub2. :)

No, Ubuntu uses a linux version of Grub and also is for the system not Usb Stick. U can edit the Grub > Menu.lst in Ubuntu...

Wait a minutue this going be Grub2 path cd /boot/grub filename grub.cfg. Grub2 and Grub are slightly different. Grub2.

Grub4dos is not quite the same as Grub2! Good luck Just follow the link and read up on Grub2. :)

Alright because I wanted to add a way to boot into Ubuntu on my multipass, because I am not sure how to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...