Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brl1214

Grub4dos Usb Dualboot

Alright so this is probably the better place to ask for information retaining the subject at hand. I have a system that has a dual boot Win XP x64 and Ubuntu 11.10 but I mainly boot from a usb running grub4dos. My question is how would I go of adding the new entries of booting ubuntu's 2 entries of normal but also the recovery console. Then when that's setup how would I remove the grub dual boot from my system harddrive or could I still use grub4dos to boot Ubuntu or XP and have the grub on my hardrive as a fallback option.

No, Ubuntu uses a linux version of Grub and also is for the system not Usb Stick. U can edit the Grub > Menu.lst in Ubuntu...

Wait a minutue this going be Grub2 path cd /boot/grub filename grub.cfg. Grub2 and Grub are slightly different. Grub2.

Grub4dos is not quite the same as Grub2! Good luck Just follow the link and read up on Grub2. :)

No, Ubuntu uses a linux version of Grub and also is for the system not Usb Stick. U can edit the Grub > Menu.lst in Ubuntu...

Wait a minutue this going be Grub2 path cd /boot/grub filename grub.cfg. Grub2 and Grub are slightly different. Grub2.

Grub4dos is not quite the same as Grub2! Good luck Just follow the link and read up on Grub2. :)

Alright because I wanted to add a way to boot into Ubuntu on my multipass, because I am not sure how to do that.