Pineapple Java Applet Attack!

reflex

DNS Spoof is running and you have the run.html offering up a java attack applet.It will run constantly, you can't turn it off without replacing the redirected page. If you really wanted to, you could try altering an existing web page to inject the java code for the user instead of a blank page.

For example, clone www.facebook.com and insert the code into the webpage.

That way, when your victim machine browses to the infected page the script is run automatically and they are not sitting looking at a blank screen.

Also a particulairly nasty attack would be to disguise the attack vector as one of the many popular FB games.

With an active internet connection to the pineapple, the victim will continue on his/her way to the login page, and you get the chance to steal passwords as well.

These are some of the theoretical situations I am trying to defend against. (I am trying to write a term paper for college on MITM attacks)

I'm actually working on this at the moment. When using dnspoof I've been able to inject code into pages live but dnspoof messes up image loading. Hoping to have that sorted out tonight and I'll post it up when it's ready.

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I've read through all the wiki's but seem to be having trouble with the java attack.. I have my own .jar file I've created for my custom attack.. I'm able to connect to the "FreeWifi" ssid I've made for the pineapple(which is not connected to the internet via ethernet,etc..) it does not load the .jar file automatically nor when attempting to view any other pages...since it's not connected to the internet it displays nothing.. I have dns redirect enabled but nothing happens...I've extracted the java directory into the /www/ directory of the pineapple but not too sure what else to do now..

My question is I want to have whoever connects to it redirected to a "login" screen that either I have created and have the .jar file either run automatically or with the java attack applet coming up prompting the user.. I'm a little bit of a newb when it comes to the pineapple as I just got it yesterday but I'm stuck on what to do here.. I do not want it to connect back to metasploit,etc... just want the .jar file ran.. Can someone help me with this? A better wiki on that would be great...

Won't this method completely disallow the client to get any internet connection whatsoever. This would make the whole thing suspicious for the client. Am I right?

Also it would be a good idea if this was turned into a Module.

Won't this method completely disallow the client to get any internet connection whatsoever. This would make the whole thing suspicious for the client. Am I right?

Suspicious for sure but I'm just seeing if the idea is feasible.. almost like the metasploit module where you click to run the .jar file and then are allowed to continue on with using the internet as if nothing happened..or heck even if they clicked ok and ran the file and nothing happened I'd still be happy with at this point.

I was about to suggest the module idea.

Hey, why don't you tackle that? ;)

Seb

I was about to suggest the module idea.

Hey, why don't you tackle that? ;)

Seb

OK, I'll make simple module for the evil applet for now. But after I finish a toolkit (hint hint) I'm working on, I can make the evil applet work and still provide internet. Thats the reason I asked if it already worked with internet access to the client. Back to programming now :)