Webif Question

plegba

I recently flashed an OM1P and an Alfa Imesh with MarkIII firmware. Both work with no problems, however i can't access the webif/xrt interface. I installed both haserl and webif in the "tmp" folder and rebooted. I can browse to 172.16.42.1/pineapple but for webif: 192.168.1.1 does not work. 192.168.1.1 has a login box, but root/pineapplesareyummy does not work. I've browsed the forum and google is not my friend right now. I need help.

There should be no need to access a webif interface. If you really need to edit settings of your pineapple, I would suggest using the web interface provided http://172.16.42.1/pineapple

Are you sure your 192.168.1.1 is your pineapple or your home router? My guess would be that is your home router.

I'm certain that the ip of my home router is something other than '192.168.1.1'. And you are right: I really don't have a need (at least right now) to access the webif interface; but it would be nice to be able to use that feature. And thanx for taking the time to respond to my post.

May I ask what settings you are looking to change? Ideally everything can be changed through SSH. But I would suggest for the overall continued functionality of your pineapple to stick with the IP/pineapple interface for any setting changes.

I don't need to change any settings right now; and I've decided to do just that: "stick with the IP/pineapple interface".

What feature from webif are you specifically looking for?

I'm not looking for anything in particular; but I may need to access somehting in the future. I just want to have a little more control if the need arises. And thanx for responding.

I'm not looking for anything in particular; but I may need to access somehting in the future. I just want to have a little more control if the need arises. And thanx for responding.

I followed these directions posted by xenomorph150 (i use 172.16.42.1/pineapple for jasager and 192.168.1.1 for webif):

3.) Fixing Webif

You got two Webinterfaces on the Jasager.

First the Karma/Jasager one at 192.168.1.1:1471,

and Second the Webif/X-Wrt on 192.168.1.1.

In Webif, you can change things like IP Adresses and watch a bunch of data.

Easy configuration for your Fon+ if you're not so used to the CLI in Linux.

Now that you have changed the root password and therefor have access to ssh,

you can use putty to connect to 192.168.1.1

a) Opkg

echo "src X-Wrt http://downloads.x-wrt.org/xwrt/kamikaze/8.../packages" >> /etc/opkg.conf

opkg update

opkg remove -recursive luci-*

opkg update

opkg install webif

reboot

Manual

// Remove Previous Install

opkg -recursive remove haserl

// Download and move these files to the tmp directory on the fon using winSCP

haserl_0.9.24-1_mips.ipk

webif_0.3-4709_mips.ipk

webif-theme-xwrt_0.3-4709_all.ipk

// Install the files using putty.

opkg install haserl_0.9.24-1_mips.ipk

opkg install webif_0.3-4709_mips.ipk

opkg install webif-theme-xwrt_0.3-4709_all.ipk

You are mixing up two different versions of things here I think. Webif was more of for the mark 1 or you had to ssh to change settings.

The OM1P and the Mark III firmware gives a nice web interface to change things around. It's actually pretty safe using a 172.x.x.x range because most routers for home use I've run into use either 192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x

You are mixing up two different versions of things here I think. Webif was more of for the mark 1 or you had to ssh to change settings.

The OM1P and the Mark III firmware gives a nice web interface to change things around. It's actually pretty safe using a 172.x.x.x range because most routers for home use I've run into use either 192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x

I have a wrt54g v4 with dd-wrt. If i need to change the txpower; open a few ports; etc. I can do that. But for what the MarkIII is designed for I suppose that the firmware interface is good enough. And yes, I can see now that I was confusing the two.