Jailbreeaking Is Not A Crime!

justapeon

But rooting or jailbreaking isen't a crime, and doesn't void the warranty.. At least not where i am ;)

Where I am, rooting or jailbreaking will void the warranty. And usually they will charge a fee for repairing it, if it has been found to be jailbroken or rooted.

It is not a crime , correct, however it does usually void the warranty.

I even agree with that because you can't expect a company to take liability for the device when you have completely changed it. They had it setup and controlled allowing them to be able to support any problems that arrise, when you change that they can't be expected to know what you did and have a solution. Or even pay for your mistakes.

That being said I'm all for anyone jailbreaking/rooting/hacking anything that they want, I just find it silly to expect a company to cover it if you brick it.

Didn't apple already go to court and loose on this? Most of the time it will void your warrenty, but if you get it back to factory settings, they shouldn't be able to tell. just dont physically break it to the point of no restore (or break it more so they can't read the software: for phone insurance and what not)

Moral of the story, if you don't want to run the risk of voiding the warranty, just don't jailbreak or root it. Wait for the warranty to run out first.