Eraser

bigdog2626

where in ccleaner do they have this option

srry for double post cant find the edit botton

1) You will need to download the latest version of CCleaner.

2) Open CCleaner, go to Tools and then Drive wiper.

3) Select the type of wipe you want and then the security type (how many times do you want to overwrite the data).

4) Select the drive you want to wipe and click on the "Wipe" button.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Edited by Infiltrator

thanks found it

now what would be the best settings for it?

im thinking free space only and complex overwrite

entire drive what would that do?

now on a different forum i belong to says never mess with the registry if your not 100% on what you are doing

now im not

but i have tampered in it from time to time reading tut's and all was good ccleaner pick's up alot of errors in that department

also inside the ccleaner cleaner what box's would you suggest for me tick to clean

im trying to be able to clean alot of unused data from my pc

if i cant sussed in removing it all at least most

you know?

Is there a reason you need to secure erase files? If all you wanted to do was clean up the system for maintenance and get some pep back in the system, run a defrag. Don't use programs like CCleaner, even if they tell you there are errors in the registry, CCleaner has a tendency to destroy good data in the process, and make systems unbootable. I fyou have to ask "entire drive what would that do?" then you don't belong messing with these tools until you have a better understanding of what you are doing. Entire drive, would erase everything on the drive, either quick or securely wipe it, with next to no chance of recovery either way. The drive will still be formatted, but all of the data will be removed.

If you are looking to destroy data, for security reasons to remove things you don't want recovered, use boot and nuke bootable linux disc like dban. Know though, that all data will be wiped and not recoverable, including the OS itself.

then you don't belong messing with these tools until you have a better understanding of what you are doing. Entire drive
thats what i thought it would do but wanted to be for sure

im here to learn more about these tools and much more

im new to win7 and all these new tools so i guess that makes me a noob when it comes to some of this sh!t

ive been using ccleaner for about a month R 2 and all i really use is the cleaner but used the registry cleaner like 2 times to clean stuff i know i can clean if i dont know i ask maybe get answer who know right

If you are looking to destroy data, for security reasons to remove things you don't want recovered, use boot and nuke bootable linux disc like dban. Know though, that all data will be wiped and not recoverable, including the OS itself.
if that was the case why not just reformat the drive and install windows R whatever os you choice
Actually I recently read somewhere that zeroing out data isn't as secure as it seemed, even a 7 pass DOD standard. The article was saying that the only real way to "securely" delete data was to irrevocably damage the drive physically... Let me see if I can find the source I was reading.
that would be a good read

so my main ? now is

in ccleaner free space only what does that delete

This wouldn't do much, by just reformatting and reinstalling. All of the data is still largely intact if you were to try and extract it from the drive. You should start off my watching all of the old seasons. Many of these tools that you are talking about are covered there.

Even the recent episodes they talk about how to do data recovery with Scapel and a few other tools.

But it worth going back and watching those videos.