Setting Up With Wp3.sh

Mother

I just want to make sure I am setting the parameters up correctly for my network.

I have a wifi network that has WPA configure. My laptop (Backtrack 5) connects to the wifi via wlan0. My eth0 is connected to the pineapple. When I boot up Backtarck, eth0 always pulls an IP of 192.168.10.x. So I run ./wp3.sh and follow the prompts.

Input Pineapple Netmask: 255.255.255.0

Input Pineapple Network: 172.16.42.0/24

Input Interface between PC and Pineapple: eth0

Input Interface between PC and Internet: wlan0

Input internet gateway: ????????? ----------------Not sure what to add here. I have tried the eth0 (172.16.42.42) and wlan0 (192.168.1.253)

Input IP address of host PC: 172.16.42.42

Input IP address of Pineapple: 172.16.42.1

It configures fine. I can log into the web interface although I do not have internet access from the laptop. I can start Karma and all the other tools fine.

From the advance tab I try to ping google.com but just get a blank black screen with the pineapple logo next to it.

If I ping it from term I also get network is unreachable.

So is my gateway wrong? What should it be? eth0, wlan0, or the wifi router ip?

Thanks

I just want to make sure I am setting the parameters up correctly for my network.

I have a wifi network that has WPA configure. My laptop (Backtrack 5) connects to the wifi via wlan0. My eth0 is connected to the pineapple. When I boot up Backtarck, eth0 always pulls an IP of 192.168.10.x. So I run ./wp3.sh and follow the prompts.

Input Pineapple Netmask: 255.255.255.0

Input Pineapple Network: 172.16.42.0/24

Input Interface between PC and Pineapple: eth0

Input Interface between PC and Internet: wlan0

Input internet gateway: ????????? ----------------Not sure what to add here. I have tried the eth0 (172.16.42.42) and wlan0 (192.168.1.253)

Input IP address of host PC: 172.16.42.42

Input IP address of Pineapple: 172.16.42.1

It configures fine. I can log into the web interface although I do not have internet access from the laptop. I can start Karma and all the other tools fine.

From the advance tab I try to ping google.com but just get a blank black screen with the pineapple logo next to it.

If I ping it from term I also get network is unreachable.

So is my gateway wrong? What should it be? eth0, wlan0, or the wifi router ip?

Thanks

Question, can you get on the internet from BT5 before setting up the pineapple?

If all is working correctly it would be asking you for the gateway IP of wlan0....not the IP of wlan0 but its gateway IP.

Thanks for the reply.

I rebooted and made sure that my wlan0 is connected and I can browse the internet. My wlan0 gets an ip of 192.168.1.253 with its gateway 192.168.1.1. When I run ./wp3.sh it ask if I want to use 192.168.1.1 as the gateway. If I say yes then I cannot connect to the web interface.

Thanks I've looked through your post on config a FON and it seems I am doing it the same way as far as network setup is concern.

Also, I tried to manually configure it by following ....

ifconfig eth0 172.16.42.42 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

echo '1' > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward; iptables -X; iptables -F

iptables -A FORWARD -i wlan0 -o eth0 -s 172.16.42.0/24 -m state –state NEW -j ACCEPT

iptables -A FORWARD -m state –state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE

$gateway=`netstat -nr | awk `BEGIN {while ($3!=0.0.0.0”) getline; print $2}` route del default; route add default gw $gateway wlan0

but I get

root@bt:~# $gateway=`netstat -nr | awk `BEGIN {while ( $3!=0.0.0.0”) getline; print $2}`

bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

so it looks like no matter what gw I add it will not forward to the internet. I have tried my..

1 - wifi router(192.168.1.1) - I was able to ping 172.16.42.1 and access the webif but cannot ping google.com

2 - wlan0 (192.168.1.253) ip address as the gw - Once again, I was able to ping 172.16.42.1 and access the webif but cannot ping google.com

I used the wp3.sh script as well as manually enter it.

Could it be the hardware I am using like the Netgear USB wifi device? Anyone have a step by step tutorial handy. I know I'm a noob but I do have some understanding of this.

It seems like this is where you're running into trouble:

pineapplegw=`netstat -nr | awk 'BEGIN {while ($3!="0.0.0.0") getline; print $2}'` #Usually correct by default

The comment at the end gives it away ;)

Try running netstat -nr then play with awk. This line grabs the 2nd field that isn't 0.0.0.0, which should be your internet gateway. It isn't foolproof but I find it odd that we're both running the same OS (BT5) and having different results.

I'd also check your pineapples routing table and if it doesn't list 172.16.42.42 as its gateway go ahead and manually add it in the route config on the advanced page by issuing:

route add default gw 172.16.42.42 br-lan

Of course this assumes you haven't changed the configuration to use a different network/

It seems like this is where you're running into trouble:

pineapplegw=`netstat -nr | awk 'BEGIN {while ($3!="0.0.0.0") getline; print $2}'` #Usually correct by default

The comment at the end gives it away ;)

Try running netstat -nr then play with awk. This line grabs the 2nd field that isn't 0.0.0.0, which should be your internet gateway. It isn't foolproof but I find it odd that we're both running the same OS (BT5) and having different results.

I'd also check your pineapples routing table and if it doesn't list 172.16.42.42 as its gateway go ahead and manually add it in the route config on the advanced page by issuing:

route add default gw 172.16.42.42 br-lan

Of course this assumes you haven't changed the configuration to use a different network/

Whoo hoo -----I believe I have it working. I was able to connect to the webif and from there ping google.com. My cell phone connected to the 'internet' ap and was able to get on google. I am going to keep playing with it to fine tune my steps then post what I am doing.

Also, I need to learn how the ngrep and URL snarf works. When I was surfing on my phone I didn't see the traffic on the Webif. A far a using SSLStrip do you just run it as normal from terminal? I am trying to replicate what you showed on the CBS video.

Thanks again.

I think you will have to run SSL Strip on the MITM laptop not the pineapple itself. I don't think SSL Strip is installed on the pineapple.

Thats what I thought. Was that what Darren was using when he did the interview with CBS and he was capturing the reporters logins?

Thanks

• 10 months later...

There us a pinned guide on this board called best jasager guide which implements ssl strip and could most likely be adapted to he mk3 script.

Has anyone tried to get sslstrip working on mk3? If so, could you provide a script, which makes both ICS and sslstrip for BT5R2/R3?

TIA

Has anyone tried to get sslstrip working on mk3? If so, could you provide a script, which makes both ICS and sslstrip for BT5R2/R3?

TIA

To get working u would have to start at how to add memory to the mk3.

And swap would be needed as well. Sounds like too much trouble

OK, I see. Still, out of my experience with Mk3 f/w I can tell that it's much more stable, as compared to the Mk2 f/w, which I used before. wp3.sh + pineapple.sh works as a charm. I've tested it on my BT5R2KDE, going to switch over to BT5R3KDE to see how it's gonna work. Apart from that, I've had some problems with Karma, i.e. the SSIDs requested by connecting clients almost never appear in the Association Log list. Meanwhile, I can see the SSIDs provided by Karma in the lists of available networks that are visible to each of the clients. So Karma seems to be working, but it doesn't fill the list with any data. It only did for a moment after I reflashed my router a while ago. Another Q: Is it possible to switch off the wireless interface on WP using the GUI, as it was done on Mk2, or can it only be switched on? FYI, I'm using OpenMesh with Mk3 2.1.2 f/w.