Vmware Server Rc

BattZ

I've recently installed VMware server 2.0 on a laptop, after 3 or 4 faulty downloads I got it installed and running fine. I can access it via Chrome fine, and everything shows up perfectly, except the remote console. After looking into it, it only works in Firefox and IE. IE won't even load the page and says it doesn't know what to do with an IP/port... Firefox will load the page, I log in, and it will load everything fine, until I click anything, then most of the page will go blank and then I can't really do anything.

I've spent far longer then I care to admit trying to get this to work, and was wondering if I was just missing something really simple, or if VMware has some special little program that works with server. Their website makes it quite difficult to get the info that I need. I've found some thread on some old forums that talk about vmware-vmrc, which I can't get to work either, they say it takes -u -p -m arguments when run, but when I run it, those aren't even options, and it doesn't do anything.

If anyone has any insights or can point out the simple solution for running a VM on another machine and connecting to it via a home network, please, I'm all ears.

Thanks

Are you able to provide a screen shot with the error message?

Not sure which error, since technically there aren't any errors, though for the VMware-vmrc thing yea, just saying I'm installing it wrong. With firefox, it just doesn't load anything.

xCAvz.jpg

And the firefox, it's pretty much all empty, except for the VMware web access frame.

GCAS3.jpg

If there is anything else that could be help, please let me know.

Thanks

I am going to download the Vmware server and do some testing. Will come back with the results later.

2 days, and still no closer to a solution. And now firefox will crash 3 seconds after launching, so I'm going to try reinstalling that and see if I get it to connect again. Somehow I can understand complex things pretty well, but these simple problems stump me...

I re-installed firefox and it went back to logging in fine but not loading after selecting the VM. After doing some more research, I saw some mentions to an older version of firefox (3.5.x), so I downloaded that and it seems to be working OK now. Except now it's not booting, but at least I can connect, probably just a faulty ISO...I've had a lot of those lately.

UPDATE: Yea, the image got corrupted somehow sitting on my laptops HD, the copy on my main machine was still good so I just copied it over again.

Thanks for your help though Infiltrator

Edited by BattZ