Defcon 19

BattZ

Wondering if anyone else made it to DEFCON this year, and if so, what talks did you like the most?, ones you wish you went to?, how much money did you spend at the vendor area? Their planning was excellent, they made one of the bigger talk areas empty through the vendor area...and how can you not just spend 20$ here and there while walking through. One bright side was seeing Snubs's smile (<3) while emptying my wallet.

It might have taken a few hours, but I did get this:

Snubs and Darrens autographs on a pineapple =P

P6Ly6.jpg

I was there but I spent to much time working on Badge(thursday/friday) and Project2 (the rest of time). I won the EFF auction for the prototype badge and got some hints for the badge contest. I did buy another ubertooth and bump key set.

It was nice to have DCTV back.I stopped going when they switch to Riv because of that (expect for last year).

I was there but I spent to much time working on Badge(thursday/friday) and Project2 (the rest of time). I won the EFF auction for the prototype badge and got some hints for the badge contest. I did buy another ubertooth and bump key set.

It was nice to have DCTV back.I stopped going when they switch to Riv because of that (expect for last year).

You're the woman who won it? I remember you paid and they were trying to find you for like 20 minutes but you weren't around to pick up the badge =P. Glad to see you finally got it. Did anyone finish the contest? I spent a few minutes on it but it seemed out of my league so I gave up.

LOL..that was my wife. We had a miscommunication with Lost, we thought he said he would give us the badge and the hint after the "making the badge" talk. We left after that and went somewhere ( I forget where ) and someone came up to us and said they were trying to find us. So we went back and got that badge. My wife wasn't going to go back and I told her they would not remember me she would have go with me. Which was good because they sure as hell didn't remember me but spotted her as we walked in...lol

Project 2 was set up in sections and point based. The sections got more and more difficult as you solved each item or in the case of the radio stream a set of puzzles with varying difficultly.

I was able to start with a lot of points because I completed the pre-con challenge ( generalstatics.com ). They told me I was the only one to finish it. I think this was because people didn't know about it. The guy who got the most points was a machine. He completed so many of challenges that no one could have beat him.

• 3 weeks later...

Wondering if anyone else made it to DEFCON this year, and if so, what talks did you like the most?, ones you wish you went to?, how much money did you spend at the vendor area? Their planning was excellent, they made one of the bigger talk areas empty through the vendor area...and how can you not just spend 20$ here and there while walking through. One bright side was seeing Snubs's smile (<3) while emptying my wallet.

It might have taken a few hours, but I did get this:

Snubs and Darrens autographs on a pineapple =P

[/img]

Hey!! I remember you :)

I had so much fun getting to be a vendor for the first time! Although I hope in future cons I can get a helping hand behind the table so I can go to some talks as well.

If anyone went and has pix of me and you, post them on google plus or facebook and tag me!!