Question About Cracking Password Hashes

Remotesh

So, I've been reading about securing zip files, decrypting files and such.

I found out that you can decrypt a zip archive faster if you have part of the archive that isn't encrypted.

My question is that when your cracking password hashes, if you knew some of the chars in specific places

is there a program that would crack the hash faster?

*Scenario

I am a janitor that knows quite a bit about computers,

My job doesnt pay me what I think i deserve.

Im going to hack them and raise my pay!

Say this Janitor pays close attention to his boss typing in his password while hes cleaning the desk next too it.

He catches some of the keystrokes and matches them to where they would be placed.

Say the Janitor gets access to his bosses password hash (Perhaps while the boss was at lunch), is there a program that would allow you to put in the letters you know,

and would crack it based on the letters you entered in specific places?

Thanks for the help guys,

-Remotesh

Nooo, hacking them back will not necessarily mean a higher pay grade for you. You are seriously looking for trouble.

Nooo, hacking them back will not necessarily mean a higher pay grade for you. You are seriously looking for trouble.

You must have missunderstood, that was just a scenario of an angry employee.

I just want to know if I can crack a password hash faster if i know some of the letters in some of the spots, if so which program should I use?

You must have missunderstood, that was just a scenario of an angry employee.

I just want to know if I can crack a password hash faster if i know some of the letters in some of the spots, if so which program should I use?

Check out HashcatOLH, however I am not 100% certain on whether it can do what you are after.

After all, I don't think there is a password cracker that can do that. Dont quote me on that, as I could be wrong.