Vote For My Mineral Oil Pc

NoobGuru

I entered in the Tiger Direct DIY contest, please vote for my home built submerged mineral oil PC, Its a fish tank filled with mineral oil and a computer cooled by just the oil, *future plans include cycling the oil though a radiator*

http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/128192/voteable_entries/24012356

I am puzzled, you are running that inside a fish tank with fluid around it.

I am puzzled, you are running that inside a fish tank with fluid around it.

Mineral oil cooled pc's were all the rage a few years ago. You can put nearly every part of the PC in mineral oil except the HDD's and I think the PSU is supposed to be mounted out of the oil as well, but looks like this one has it all in there except the HDD's. Not sure how SSD's handle this though. Apparently mineral oil does not short out the components or conduct electricity. We have a few threads on the forum somewhere with links to other mineral oil cooled machines somewhere.

I'm sure SSD's would be perfectly ok for submersing however your optical drives still have to be above the oil for obvious reasons also the fans are suppose to burn out fairly quickly due to the extra stress and the oil is suppose to damage the pcb after a good run. anyone tried this with an Xbox 360?

The fans are suppose to burn out fairly quickly due to the extra stress and the oil is suppose to damage the pcb after a good run.

Another reason to use a what cooling system...