Cannot Connect To Net And Pineapple At The Same Time

Hey everyone, I've been toying around with my Pineapple since I got it a few days ago and have run into a problem that was kind of answered here on the forums, but I still cannot get it to work. I have a Netgear router at home with a default IP of 198.162.1.1, same as the Pineapple, so I am able to connect to one or the other, just not both. Obviously I tried to change the IP of the pineapple (something like 10.100.0.1 as suggested in another topic) and every time I do I cannot connect to the pineapple anymore.

Really not sure what I am doing incorrectly, so I wanted to see what anyone on here thought.

Thanks

I can't seem to edit my own posts, but I just wanted to say that I was able to successfully change my pineapple's IP and still connect to it. But my question now is: if I am connected wirelessly to my router am I still able to use the web interface to pineapple as well? or do I need to SSH. I cannot seem to access the pineapple at all unless I am connected to it wirelessly (but then cannot be connected to my wireless net). I have my pineapple currently connected to my laptop through ethernet and have ICS enabled.

thanks

Depends on the IP address you've moved the Fon to. You need it to be on the same subnet as the rest of the network otherwise you'll not be able to access it.