Changing Web Hosts And Email Problem

Hello,

I am currently helping someone switch their website from their current web host to a different one. The domain was purchased at a different place then the web hosting. I changed the name server to the new host and now it goes to the new host when I type the website name in the browser, but am having problems with email now. After the website was working with the new host, I sent him a email from my yahoo account, and it bounced back with a error saying

"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

myfriendsname@hiswebsite.com

Technical details of permanent failure:

Yahoo tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 No Such User Here (state 14)"

I looked in the hosting control panels email and there are no email accounts, so I am guessing I will have to create another email account on the new hosting? If so does this mean he lost all of his emails during the transition? I really hope not ..

Edit::: N/m I figured it out, the old hosting is still active, so I will just change the name servers back to the old host, and have him back up his important emails and contacts, then create the email on the new host and switch the name servers back. Sorry, you can delete this thread if you want lol

Edited by 555

To me it sounds like dns issue.

Do you know if the DNS server that hosts his Domain DNS entries, has a MX or mail record?

Also is he able to send an email from his account to your Yahoo account?