Starbuck's or Barnies?

angelictorment

You know, I haven't really been in to coffee much either... I went from hating it as a kid to stomaching it now but I don't tend to request it or buy it myself... if someone offers me a coffee I might accept but I'll rarely feel like I *need* a coffee...

Besides, what is a super-creamed-double-whipped-choco-mocha-latte with extra sprinkles anyways? ;)

Edit: I just remembered, actually, the last time I went to a coffee shop... I thought people joked about there being some insane amound of different coffee products at Starbucks and such... I was so, so horribly deluded.

I stood, stared vacantly at the large menu on the wall and let the girl I was with order... after seeing such a list of indecypherable drink names I felt somewhat bewildered... needless to say I avoid coffee shops and that's one good reason why ;)

Edit: I just remembered, actually, the last time I went to a coffee shop... I thought people joked about there being some insane amound of different coffee products at Starbucks and such... I was so, so horribly deluded.

I stood, stared vacantly at the large menu on the wall and let the girl I was with order... after seeing such a list of indecypherable drink names I felt somewhat bewildered... needless to say I avoid coffee shops and that's one good reason why ;)

LoL! I know what you mean. I just know what I like and I order it. At starbucks its usually a Mocha Frappucino or a Greentea blackberry frappucino. At Barnies it's either a Strawberries and Cream freezer or a Santa's White Christmas freezer.

I think I might make a tutorial on making an espresso machine. It really inst to difficult. (I'm 15 and work at a local coffee shop, and use the super-high-end-itailan-sounding-brand-name espresso macgine on a regular basis. I dont really like it though. Personally I like a carmel steamer, which is really simple: Just heat some milk with carmel syrup in it up to about 140F with the steam wand.

For those who dont know, an espresso machine heats up water into high pressure steam. This steam can go two different ways. One way is to the froth wand, which is used for frothing and heating milk for lattes and cuppacinos. The other way for steam to go is through the coffee grounds, which are in a small, shallow cup, with many small holes in it. Steam is forced through the grounds and out as espresso into a "shot" tin cup.

If anyone wants to make they're own espresso, all they would need is a cheap espresso brewer/steamer combo, and some some assorted cups. I could also If give out recipies for drinks if anyone wanted to try this 8)