Can Someone Explain..

tbstuntz

I am really new to web development I know basic html and PHP. The question I have is how to websites integrate the "blog" style idea. I mean once you have set up the basic web layout with nested tables how do I create dynamic content i.e If I just want to add a new post of something.

Any ideas would be great

Cheers

Edit:

After I read that I realised its nonsense. What I am trying to get is an idea of how web developers create dynamic websites even like the hak5 homepage. Surely the page doesnt have to be recoded everytime they want to add a new video?

Edited by tbstuntz

Dynamic pages are generally generated on the fly, as opposed to a static webpage the developer must change its contents through its HTML code or some form of web based content management system, whereas on a dynamic all the contents are stored on a backend.

PHP does it by connecting to a database and then pulling all that information from the database (mysql) and then displaying it on a page. Now for the layout part, don't use tables use CSS.

If I were you, I would look into Wordpress, and skip both Drupal and Joomla. Just from personal experience with all 3, wordpress is the easiest CMS to manage and highly customizable, but also very intuitive with just the basic install which is powerful in itself.

If I were you, I would look into Wordpress, and skip both Drupal and Joomla. Just from personal experience with all 3, wordpress is the easiest CMS to manage and highly customizable, but also very intuitive with just the basic install which is powerful in itself.

Or if you have time to spare, you could download an opensource template and modify it to your likes. But if time is not your friend, then wordpress would make your whole life a lot easier. Since there is not coding required and its all done for you, just a matter of installing some components and selecting the templates and off you go.