How Is This Possible

charm_quark

Delivered-To: *****@gmail.com

Received: by 10.204.4.66 with SMTP id 2cs175639bkq;

Sun, 20 Feb 2011 14:16:29 -0800 (PST)

Received: by 10.227.137.140 with SMTP id w12mr554155wbt.40.1298240189197;

Return-Path: <Antigen_HOEXCHFE2@ubagroup.local>

Received: from hoexchfe5.ubagroup.com (mail2.ubagroup.com [41.206.8.2])

by mx.google.com with ESMTP id s18si6559539wbh.15.2011.02.20.14.16.28;

Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 41.206.8.2 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of Antigen_HOEXCHFE2@ubagroup.local) client-ip=41.206.8.2;

Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 41.206.8.2 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of Antigen_HOEXCHFE2@ubagroup.local) smtp.mail=Antigen_HOEXCHFE2@ubagroup.local

To: *****@gmail.com

Subject: Antigen Notification: MAIL DELIVERY NOTIFICATION

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain;

charset="utf-7"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Message-ID: <HOEXCHFE2VrDs9aAOPp000014a9@hoexchfe2.ubagroup.com>

X-OriginalArrivalTime: 20 Feb 2011 22:16:26.0062 (UTC) FILETIME=[D07A4EE0:01CBD14B]

Date: 20 Feb 2011 23:16:26 +0100

Return-Path: Antigen_HOEXCHFE2@ubagroup.local

This is a notification on your email to

We are sorry but your message was not delivered to the intended recipient.

Please contact the intended recipient through an alternative medium

Thank you.

i just received this mail, but i don't remember sending any thing of this sort to any one, can anyone explain what is going on,

PS: i hid my email address with *****

Most likely someone sent spam with your address as the sender or return address. The other thing is, it could be a scam and contained exploit code that either made it through and infected you, or was stripped by the ISP in transit. Most likely, was just spam using your address as the sender. This can happen for multiple reasons. Either your system was compromised and they raided your address book, a friend or family member who has you in their address book was compromised and they stole the info from their address book, some website you used and registered with shared your info or was compromised, or you just have it exposed somewhere online that it was harvested from such as Facebook or your own personal site.

Too many possibilities, but again, probably just spam. The other possibility is you really sent something somewhere, maybe to a wrong address, and they sent a mailer-daemon not found/dead letter message back to you.

If i were you I would change the password for the email account, run a full virus scan on my system just to make sure, the system is not infected and lastly update the machine with the latest patches.

Edited by Infiltrator

well the chances of infection are quite low,as i'm using an ubuntu box, and this is a personal account so i dont use it to register on forums etc. but oh well, will change the password none the less.

PS: sorry for late reply school was keeping be busy,

well the chances of infection are quite low,as i'm using an ubuntu box, and this is a personal account so i dont use it to register on forums etc. but oh well, will change the password none the less.

PS: sorry for late reply school was keeping be busy,

Yea, I always think it's good to be on the safe side anyway. Do you always check the SSL certificate of every site that you ever type anything into and always check the domain in the address bar etc. etc.

Yea, I always think it's good to be on the safe side anyway. Do you always check the SSL certificate of every site that you ever type anything into and always check the domain in the address bar etc. etc.

Having said that, the moment you see your browser displaying an SSL Certificate warning, you should think twice before clicking on the link "Continue on anyway".

Check the security certificate and make sure its a legit one, by reading what's one it, if you see anything that does not match to the website you are vising. Leave the site immediately or don't proceed at all.