Meterpreter Discovery

Blunderboy

I have yet to see or at least find anything associated with a Merterpreter removal tool other then antimeter which is difficult to find. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about how to search and eliminate hidden Merterpreter sessions that may be leaving a computer wide open for attack?

Edited by Blunderboy

I have seen yet to see or at least find anything associated with a Merterpreter removal tool other then antimeter which is difficult to find. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about how to search and eliminate hidden Merterpreter sessions that may be leaving a computer wide open for attack?

Hey Blunderboy,

Did a bit of Googling and found this link, where you can download Antimeter from.

http://www.mertsarica.com/?page_id=893

Thanks for the link. So far it has worked really well.

Now one thing I am not very certain about this tool is how accurate it is in detecting Meterpreter sessions.

I ran this tool on my Windows 7 box and it found one Meterpreter session active and my box is fully patched up.

So that left me wondering...

Would be nice to see another tool for detecting Meterpreter sessions. I've been looking around but couldn't find any.

I recently installed COMODO Firewall and when I get the chance I will try and open a meterpreter session and see what happens. I will disable the firewall and then bring it up and see if it will allow the already active session to stay active. Again when I get the chance to do this I will return with my results.

I recently installed COMODO Firewall and when I get the chance I will try and open a meterpreter session and see what happens. I will disable the firewall and then bring it up and see if it will allow the already active session to stay active. Again when I get the chance to do this I will return with my results.

I would be surprised if Comodo can detect a Meterpreter session at all, since its becoming so advanced and hard to detect.

Edited by Infiltrator