Wrong Route

Hi,

Trying to setup my open-mesh device as a client so I can feed a desktop Internet from local APs.

Installed the pineapple stuff to start, so I could get all the great tools.

Installed the wireless client package in xwrt.

Looked good, the AP's log said it was authenticating; however, I still couldn't get from the lan to the wan.

Had a new network defined wan, which was where the wireless client was configured.

DHCP on the lan (ethernet) and tried dhcp client on the wan and then setup static.

Things seemed to be progressing, and I was feeling confident in my actions, so I went in to configure some static routes to help the process along.

Setup one that was wan (x) to lan (y):

dest 192.168.y.0 / mask 255.255.255.0 / gw 192.168.x.5 (static wireless ip)

And one that was lan (y) to wan (x):

dest 192.168.x.0 / mask 255.255.255.0 / gw 192.168.y.1 (static wired ip)

When applying changes, it pooped out and I can't get back in. The wired interface is still dishing up DHCP, but I can't connect from either end!

ooops!

Is there any good fix for this?

-thanks

Scott

when the Fon asks the wired side for an IP through DHCP does it get one? If so give that IP a scan with nmap and see if it is still there and what is happening with it.

My guess would be something like you've setup a routing loop with your static loops so traffic is getting stuck somewhere. If so then grab a cable and connect to the console and fix it that way.