What Questions Should You Ask College Reps At A College Fair?

gilbert

I'm sure there are financial questions, quality of life questions, program questions. Basically if you've done this before, you probably have a good set of questions you would ask college representatives while you are selecting prospective schools to attend.

I was never really into getting into college when i was in high school; i mainly had C's and D's but it wasn't the greatest school and i never tried. my SAT score in math was really high i beat 98% of student or how ever it worked i was really close to perfect score. Anyways I was lucky tho I only applied to college just to make my Mom happy because she wanted me to go; i was accepted to both i applied to. The reason i applied to these two was because my relatives when there. I am currently on my third yea in the Computer Forensic program and hopefully graduate next year; from my experienced i would ask What type of connection does the college have, for example the FBI and DOD take alot of our students after graduation and give them jobs and also internships. Make sure the college can give you a future after you graduate. Also ask what type of clubs/activities they offer for your major. Just get on campus and ask students what they think of the campus too dont just get one oppion.

Ask questions about what the employability of their students is like, after all you are doing this to get a job. If they won't tell you what percentage of students that graduated last year are currently employed then be a bit wary. Some colleges have a good reputation with employers while others have a bad reputation. This reputation is usually based upon previous graduates they have hired, so is usually a good sign of the quality of their courses.

I too am taking computer forensics. Except my community college has more resources and better quality classes and more material than 4 year schools. :D

Lets hash this out lol; my college loves to tell me the same too. At least they are getting their students jobs starting at 75k.