New Wlan Ap

Jamo

Hi

I have fon+ with OpenWRT, it works well, but there is not enough memory in it, so I'm going to buy another wlan ap.

So I tried to search Wlan AP compatible with openwrt dd-wrt etc, but there are a lot of compatible devices, so I thougt why not to ask suggestions here.

Heres some things that I want for that wlan device.

- easy to flash to openwrt etc.

- hopefully same antenna adapter as in fon+ and ALFA AWUS036H

- ssh server for "ssh -D" - tunneling

- USB port, so I could use my nokia phone with usb cable to share 3G to wlan. (Im now using laptop for it)

So any ideas which device I should get, price aren't the most important thing (10-200€)

And one more thing, I live in Finland, so it would be nice, if I could buy that device inside EU.

Iv been thinking http://corp.fon.com/en/products/fonera2n/ fon 2.0

Which is best, OpenWRT, ddwrt, or this: http://www.gargoyle-router.com/download.php

Iv been using http://www.gargoyle-router.com/download.php fon flasher for my fon+.

I'm not sure there is a device to do that.. Short from a netbook with external Wifi.

The antenna adapter you are looking for is RP-SMA connector

ddwrt I feel is better than openwrt.

both support ssh

Fon2 uses USB port for mass storage, but I guess you could use it for anything as long as the device can handle it or has the code for it.

I'm not sure there is a device to do that.. Short from a netbook with external Wifi.

The antenna adapter you are looking for is RP-SMA connector

ddwrt I feel is better than openwrt.

both support ssh

Fon2 uses USB port for mass storage, but I guess you could use it for anything as long as the device can handle it or has the code for it.

Well Iv seen a couple. but those were really expensive

"Fonera 2.0n allows you to convert 3G from some dongles (UMTS/3G devices) to WiFi." but does it work with nokia phones or does ddwrt support it. it would be nice but I think that it might be too hard. netbook and fon+ works well.

I think that the most important things are

-usb port

-RP-SMA connector

-mode than 32mb intenal memory

-EASY TO FLASH

You most likely will not find 32 Mb+ internal memory unless you physically surface mount your own by swapping out ram chips.

I do have a device which has like 128 MB flash and 512 MB RAM, but you would have to know some government surplus to get it as I do. That and I can't figure out how to flash it with linux because it is locked down right now.

You most likely will not find 32 Mb+ internal memory unless you physically surface mount your own by swapping out ram chips.

sorry, fon+ has 13.2MB memory, and I have 12.9Mb used, so I want more memory for my next wlan AP

Ideas, which product is good, any experiences?