Hashcat Gpu Password Cracking

digip

HashCat Demo and explanation behind HashCat, showing how fast passwords can be cracked with GPU Powered cracking - http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10377996

And Video of my oclhashcat presentation http://bit.ly/aQChCI #hack3rcon <-- Clear example and walk through for anyone who has multiple GPU's in their machine

via Martin Bos aka @purehate_ of the back|track team.

I know of a few GPU cracking password utilities but this one is totally new to me. Its amazing what CUDA can do. You know you can open your own online password cracking service and make money from that.

I am kinda of thinking in building several machines with NVidia graphics card in them, and use them in a cluster environment to crack wpa, NTLM and other type of password hashes.

I could charge around $10 to $25 dollars per hash, depending on the complexity and time it takes to crack the hash.

Nice one Digip!

Guest Deleted_Account
I know of a few GPU cracking password utilities but this one is totally new to me. Its amazing what CUDA can do. You know you can open your own online password cracking service and make money from that.

I am kinda of thinking in building several machines with NVidia graphics card in them, and use them in a cluster environment to crack wpa, NTLM and other type of password hashes.

I could charge around $10 to $25 dollars per hash, depending on the complexity and time it takes to crack the hash.

Nice one Digip!

Wow sounds like a good idea I should do that :) I'll post an ad on Craigslist and my website! Oh and IDEA STOLEN! :P

Wow sounds like a good idea I should do that :) I'll post an ad on Craigslist and my website! Oh and IDEA STOLEN! :P

Half of your commission goes to me, since it was my idea.

Edit: better yet we could negotiate the price.

Edited by Infiltrator

Haha but first we have to combine our processing power to crack the hashes even faster over a VPN of some sort!

No a bad idea, and since Hashcat can do distributed password cracking, its just a matter of splitting the load across the nodes, do you have any idea of how to do it?

Edit: I am doing a bit of reading and researching on how to accomplish that.

Edited by Infiltrator

Guest Deleted_Account

Not a 100% sure my self but I would love to try it! If you find anything post back I will do the same. Hopefully we can find some way of doing this.

• 7 months later...

Martin's talk on password policies and why they suck, how easy it is to crack passwords these days, and some stats on the speed in which they can be cracked. Great talk - http://bit.ly/kTUyz3 #eXcon