Set Payloads In A Broader Inernet Environment

atlas

Hi guys,

Recently I have had success testing SET with different browser payloads to get a shell on a local network. However, when I try to "pop my box" from outside the network, I can't get a meterpreter shell. I can get the page and run the malicious applet, but no shell...

ie\ Computer A is running the webserver hosting a malicious java applet, it serves it to the broader internet at http://whatever.dyndns.org:1234

Computer B, connected to a totally different network halfway across the world connects to Computer A's webserver and presses yes to run the malicious java applet.

In this situation I cannot seem to get a Meterpreter shell on Computer B. The page/applet are served fine by Computer A and recieved fine by Computer B, but no shell is opened. Does Computer B require a port to be forwarded? Should I use a different listen port?

Any info appreciated guys

Edited by atlas

If you have not enabled port forwarding than that could be what is causing the issue. Try enabling port forwarding on your router and then try again.

So you're saying I should only need to forward the ports on my router and not the victims? I'm fairly certain when I was testing this I had the "attack" computer set as DMZ-host in the router config, so all ports should have been open....

-A

So you're saying I should only need to forward the ports on my router and not the victims? I'm fairly certain when I was testing this I had the "attack" computer set as DMZ-host in the router config, so all ports should have been open....

-A

You are correct, once you place yourself on a DMZ you are exposed to the internet you have no protection whatsoever, all ports are widely opened, so port forwarding won't be necessary for you.

However it will be very difficult to exploit a victims computer if she/he is behind a firewall. You best bet would be to get the victim to accept an infected link, that contains a reverse shell, just like what Mr-Protocol suggested.