[help] Im A Noob 0.o

xXN1pplefaceXx

Setting up a proxy server, is very easy there has been talks on previous threads in the past. I think you should just check them out.

If the proxy idea doesn't work, why not buy your own wireless internet and use it at the school, since the system belongs to the school and they can manage it whichever way they wish.

You will probally end up being caught if you try and hack your balance, and schools don't generally have due processes, at best you would probally be banned from the computers, at worst expelled. It depends on your school, the governors and how you go about hacking the balance. So, unless you do something like raise the balances of enough students to cover up your hack, you going to get caught.

However, the best thing to do would be to work out how they are blocking traffic, and if there are any open ports you can connect to external systems via. FTP, SSH, DNS, Telnet etc. Then run a proxy of your own on a system at your house, which you can connect via. This way you can bypass the proxy.

Also, the final option is to purchase a cell phone with 3G and tethering support. A cheap and nasty windows mobile handset will do this, or will be hackable enough to enable it. Since WinMob is largely obsolete to the iPhone generation, you can pick one up for dirt cheap and use it as a bluetooth 3G dongle. Add a micro BT adaptor (with blacked out LED's) and if you can install drivers your good to go.

Well the way I set up a proxy server ( I dont think I did it right ), didnt work, and when I try to set settings for another proxy server, it wont connect to the internet because they have somehow enabled a proxy to get out of the school network? ( I think? )

how did you set up the proxy. The proxy is meant to be set up on the outside of the schools network, so you can connect to it.

But before you can connect to it, you will need to authenticate through the schools proxy first. Once authenticated, you can use the outside proxy, to browse any website that is blocked by the school firewall.

I don't personally care if your ripping your school off by hacking the balance, its not my problem. All I am suggesting is that as a line of attack, it might not be the best in this case. It would be worth pursuing other avenues before being so blatant. And if you do hack the balance (which would require access to the database most likely), then I would suggest altering it by random amounts for a multitude of students so you can avoid this instantly highlighting you.

Also, as someone who has a proxy server config open in the window next to this, you need to understand if they are just filtering http/https traffic or if they have a white list of ports open. For instance can you connect to a home PC via SSH, FTP, Telnet etc. If you can't, then you need to setup a http proxy on your home machine, which is accessible via the web. This will give you a page you can legitimately access through the proxy, and will allow you to display content from restricted sites via this server. However, if you are simply trying to bypass the requirement to pay for metered internet access, this won't work, because your still downloading data via your account, which is being billed back to you.

So basically, you need to find a way of tunnelling through the network to the outside in a fashion that will not be billable?

hi!,

my name is ZeRoCooL and i have a big ( for me ) network problem.(i did not want to make new topic for this ).i know that some of you have seen problems like this soo..can someone help me plizz.?..i`m beginner and i yust want to go to internet with my laptop..i have asus 900HA and it has Atheros AR2423 wireless adapter built in..i`m booting bt 4 final from my sd card..in terminal i typed airmon-ng and there is no interfaces and other ..i know that these problems are anoying a lot..but plizz help me.and if you can explane me very carefuly.thanks a lot.:)

Thanks!.:D

Edited by ll*ZeRoCooL*ll

Portable Putty, then setup a VM with ssh running on a variety of ports (an Ubuntu server VM should be fine, just edit sshd.conf with multiple ports and make sure your router is forwarding those ports to the VM) and see if you can connect or not.