Office 2010 Issue

MoDeM_FoX

I have noticed a new problem with Office 2010, Specifically OUTLOOK 2010.

I have had some spambot send me e-mail that appears to be coming from my own e-mail address.

This is usually ok, but in outlook 2010 it comes right through shows pictures and everything.

Now heres the kicker, i tell the junk filter to block the sender (mind you its coming in as my own E-mail address) but, it still comes through to my inbox unfilters and displays pictures and the whole deal.

I would say that is a huge security flaw considering that all kinds of things can be sent in HTML format.

Just figured I would share that with the forum.

Don't do anything I wouldn't do! >=)

Well Duh. I was just saying, so far there appears to be no way to stop e-mails as coming in as your own address, and many, many businesses use the Office Suites.

Well, there is, set up a rule that if the email is from you delete it. Though if you send your self a reminder it will get deleted.

Well Duh. I was just saying, so far there appears to be no way to stop e-mails as coming in as your own address, and many, many businesses use the Office Suites.

Or you could set up some kind of firewall like Untangle with Spam filter.