Are There Any Hacking Tools Useful For Breaking The Lock Of Sony Vaio 8gb Pendrive.?

Barbarae97

Sounds like a Fairy Tail to me.

Not quite so. Cheap memory stick manufacturers that produce 2GB, 4GB, 8GB (etc.) variants of the same drive will some times limit the space in the software on the drive because it's cheaper than using different memory chips. Sometimes they achieve this by leaving the sectors available the same but increasing/decreasing the physical sector size which causes other problems. However... 8GB to 130GB... that isn't right, 8GB to 16GB maybe (assuming that there is a 16GB model of the drive).

Sparda, you need to provide some documentation for that, even if you are just replying to a spam-bot.

Can't you hear yourself how retarded it sounds to sell a flashdrive that is in reality 16GB as a 8GB drive ??

Edited by IOSys

Can't you hear yourself how retarded it sounds to sell a flashdrive that is in reality

16GB as a 8GB drive ??

I can, but it's true. It can be cheaper to buy 8GB chips and sell them as 4GB chips (still making a profit of course) rather than source 4GB chips as well.

Not quite so. Cheap memory stick manufacturers that produce 2GB, 4GB, 8GB (etc.) variants of the same drive will some times limit the space in the software on the drive because it's cheaper than using different memory chips. Sometimes they achieve this by leaving the sectors available the same but increasing/decreasing the physical sector size which causes other problems. However... 8GB to 130GB... that isn't right, 8GB to 16GB maybe (assuming that there is a 16GB model of the drive).

Sounds just like CPU and GPU manufacturing companies.

Say they make a Quad core CPU and it doesn't meet there quality inspection for it. So instead of tossing the whole CPU and lose money on it they will disable the "bad" core of the cpu and sell it as a Tri core cpu. Or at least that's how I think it works. :P Correct me if I am wrong. :)

Guest Deleted_Account
I can, but it's true. It can be cheaper to buy 8GB chips and sell them as 4GB chips (still making a profit of course) rather than source 4GB chips as well.

I have heard of this too. I have myself experienced the reverse of it. bought a 16GB SD card off Ebay and it was actually a 1 GB that they made show up as 16GB (not sure how exactly figured it out after it would only allow 1 GB of data and i dd'd it. (proof was that the model # K9G8G08U0M was for a 1 GB flash chip same as the guy in this post

I have heard of this too. I have myself experienced the reverse of it. bought a 16GB SD card off Ebay and it was actually a 1 GB that they made show up as 16GB (not sure how exactly figured it out after it would only allow 1 GB of data and i dd'd it. (proof was that the model # K9G8G08U0M was for a 1 GB flash chip same as the guy in this post

Well that's just an out right con, but all you have to do to get a storage device to do that is to get it to report incorrect geometry, which requires flashing the firmware.

Plz : Name me some drives that are in reality twice the capacity and

I'll buy a bunch of them and reclaim the space with the MPT .

I didn't say it was possible to 'unlock' them, though it may be possible depending on the flash controller. Unfortunately the only way to find devices that do have larger chips than they appear to be is to brake them open and look at the chips model.

I didn't say it was possible to 'unlock' them, though it may be possible depending on the flash controller. Unfortunately the only way to find devices that do have larger chips than they appear to be is to brake them open and look at the chips model.

Well, IT IS ..

IF those things really exist they have had their capacity faked, just like those 16GB fake-things that are only 1GB.

And I can GUARANTEE you that the extra free space can be reclaimed.. If those things actually exist !

YOU said they DO exist, plz tell me some more ....

Edited by IOSys