Alfa Awus036h

joeypesci

Right the Alfa Awus036h as turned up. Call me stupid but how to I go about using it with Windows, XP and Win 7?

The reason I ask is I've connected it up and installed it on the test laptop. It's started to pick up local AP's. I follow the wizard in it's software to try and connect to one and even though I've given the correct key and I know the AP is giving out DHCP, it never properly connects. Gets in a loop trying to get an IP and then eventually seems to lose connection and then rescans again.

I'm gonna keep trying and try it on another laptop.

Kinda got it working in Windows with it's own software although seems a bit flaky the software that is.

Works fine in Backtrack 4 managed to crack my test WEP AP on my network after following a guide. Need to work out what each command is actually doing now.

Kinda got it working in Windows with it's own software although seems a bit flaky the software that is.

Works fine in Backtrack 4 managed to crack my test WEP AP on my network after following a guide. Need to work out what each command is actually doing now.

Try this tutorial http://lifehacker.com/5305094/how-to-crack...-with-backtrack

Thanks. Looked through that but it doesn't tell you things like what

aireplay-ng -3 -b

what those -3 and -b etc mean. Although think I can find that out on the help of aireplay-ng

Having an odd issue tonight cracking my own AP again. All setup the same as before yet when I send out the authen packet it refuses to authenticate and just goes on until it gives up and says that attack failed. Yet oddly it worked fine the other night.

I like that attack as it then appears to make the data go up really quickly even though there is no one on my AP.

EDIT-

Although the MAC filter section was set to disabled I hadn't actually pressed save so it was still active even though it showed it as disabled, even after a reboot :)

Took off MAC filter and cracking is working again.

Edited by joeypesci