Cell Phone Time

7h3kk1d

My at&t contract is up for renewal and my parents say we are staying with at&t so I am debating whether to go with an android phone or an iphone or maybe even a nokia n900. I was wondering if anyone could help me make this decision.

Edit: Just realized n900 has no 3g on at&t?

Edited by 64nd 0f k04145

My at&t contract is up for renewal and my parents say we are staying with at&t so I am debating whether to go with an android phone or an iphone or maybe even a nokia n900. I was wondering if anyone could help me make this decision.

Edit: Just realized n900 has no 3g on at&t?

I just heard that some guy got Android to boot and run on his iPhone 3G. I've never been a huge fan of the iphone format in general, but their popularity seems contrary to my opinion. Supposedly Android is gonna be getting updates that will allow it to run Flash soon. That alone really wouldn't convince me, but I'm sure it has a lot of people excited.

Also, with all of the rumors about the next gen. iphone coming out this summer, it might not be very smart to buy a new iphone any time soon (at least until the new one is released for sale). Then again, the new one is probably going to be way overpriced (as most apple products are), and I predict no major improvements in hardware. If the next gen iphone does get any "improvements", they will probably just be features and abilities that the very first iphone should have had, so you might be just as well off getting the current gen iphone, installing Android, and waiting for the next gen. to go down to a reasonable price.

Personally, I would much prefer a reasonably priced Android over buying an iphone and installing Android, just seems redundant and silly. There are a lot of cool new phones coming onto the market within the next couple of months, so it might be smart to wait and see what the market has to offer. Then again, it might be a really bad idea, considering AT&T's 'upgrade' offers.

Verizon for the network (but they have high prices and mediocre CS at the best of times).

I'm now on t-mobile ( awesome CS, but 3g coverage is.... ok? really only in cities).

I will never do ATT.

I'm on the Moto Cliq (poor choice), but I swear by my android phone now. Try and shy away from Moto based android phones if possible. If I could go back I would get either an HTC or defiantly the Nexus.

JMO

• 1 month later...

Does anyone think a new android phone compatible with att will appear in the next month or two. I think unless apple has a surprise up there sleeve I'm just going to get a nexus one.