Where To Start?

bunsen

I'm a noobie when it comes to programming and I really want to learn. But what language to learn and where to start?

Thanks in advance

I'm a noobie when it comes to programming and I really want to learn. But what language to learn and where to start?

Thanks in advance

lol use google my friend, but now i am here last anwser the question anyway...

start with html, then php then java then C#(kinda java)then C++ en then C then you can make it in microsoft lol have fun google'n ;)

It depends really, imo learning html and php are pointless if you have 0 interest in web design... that being said I would suggest either Java or Python as a first language... and to a lesser extent visual basic

the difference?

Java & Python are multi-platform

Visual Basic is Windows Based

There are other differences as well... but it's all in what you want to do...

It all depends on what type of system you're going to develop for....

For Windows I would suggest starting to learn Visual Basic .NET only to start off with, don't take it very far. Just to the point that you understand about data types, strings, classes and things like that. Then try either Python or C# however I suggest you learn the entire language and practise with them a lot as they are very useful languages. Then finally learn C++.

For Linux I suggest that you start with either Perl, Python or Ruby (I personally like Python) and learn it proficiently. Then move onto something like C# or Java (I personally like C#), and finally learn straight C as most programs in the Linux environment are built in C and it's a fantastic language.

For Mac (better not be *grrr*) learn AppleScript and then Objective-C, apart from that don't even bother programming on a Mac, apart from web-dev in which case learn HTML (which is a markup language and not a programming language), also learn XML (again another markup language), and then learn PHP or JSP.

For Mac (better not be *grrr*)

Don't worry I'm not on a Mac. I know there's Google but is there any good place to start learning Python? ;)

Don't worry I'm not on a Mac. I know there's Google but is there any good place to start learning Python? ;)

Here is where you want to go for python references and it has a pretty good tutorial...

http://docs.python.org

http://docs.python.org/tutorial/