How Clone Usb Pendrive U3 Sandisk Cruzer 2gb.

apazul

Hi:

I've a Pendrive SANDISK CRUZER 2Gb with U3 and its a key for a software and a hardware (interface for a cars).

I use this software and hardware in a Landtop and in a desktop computer.

My fear is losing the pendrive.

I've tried to copy the files to a identical pendrive but the software detects the Serial Number from the U3 Pendrive and NOT runs.

It's possible CLONE my pendrive cloning the serial number too ??

Thank you.

apazul--JOSE MANUEL.

Mediterrean Coast.

Spain.

You can clone the data easily enough including volume serial numbers. However, it is probable that the manufacturer implemented some kind of hardware based keying system (which could just be the manurfacturer and model ID, in which case you'll need to find a memory stick which has the same Ids and the one you currently have). In order to duplicate this you would first need to learn how the keying system works, then make a USB device that implements it (not exactly easy or cheap).

Some manufacturers (such as those that produce really expensive software) produce key dongles purely for the purpose of licensing there software. These usually use a challenge response system which are un-clonable without a matter replicator or braking in to the location they produce the key dongles and stealing the images/keys.

Try cloning first.

Try mounting and copying the two drives using a Clonezilla Live cd and see what happens.

You can clone the data easily enough including volume serial numbers. However, it is probable that the manufacturer implemented some kind of hardware based keying system (which could just be the manurfacturer and model ID, in which case you'll need to find a memory stick which has the same Ids and the one you currently have). In order to duplicate this you would first need to learn how the keying system works, then make a USB device that implements it (not exactly easy or cheap).

Some manufacturers (such as those that produce really expensive software) produce key dongles purely for the purpose of licensing there software. These usually use a challenge response system which are un-clonable without a matter replicator or braking in to the location they produce the key dongles and stealing the images/keys.

Try cloning first.

Hi:

The Volume Serial Number it's not the problem, i can change it and no is the problem. :rolleyes:

The problem come because the software that i need run from the USB pen verify the serial number. <_<

I have other Pendrive identical from the original (Sandisk Cruzer 2Gb with U3 technology).

I copy all the files without problem, and i have created an image from the Data partition and I have write it in the other Pen, but not work. The software detects that its not the original pendrive :angry: (a Sandisk Cruzer 2Gb with U3 too).

What can i do ? :rolleyes:

Tahk for all.

Hi:

The Volume Serial Number it's not the problem, i can change it and no is the problem. :rolleyes:

The problem come because the software that i need run from the USB pen verify the serial number. <_<

I have other Pendrive identical from the original (Sandisk Cruzer 2Gb with U3 technology).

I copy all the files without problem, and i have created an image from the Data partition and I have write it in the other Pen, but not work. The software detects that its not the original pendrive :angry: (a Sandisk Cruzer 2Gb with U3 too).

What can i do ? :rolleyes:

Tahk for all.

I guess you change the serial number of the USB with the original USB serial number.

Edited by Infiltrator

Hi:

Thank you.

But I can't change the serial number of the USB device (pendrive).

I can change the Volume serial number, but It is not the number what the software compare to aprove to run properly ....

I have found others utility but they are not for Sandisk Cruze U3 pendrive for change PID /VID and Serial number.

I need this utility for this pendrive. Anybody know anything else ??

Thank for all.

Buy a second one?

You make me laugh.

Hi:

Thank you.

But I can't change the serial number of the USB device (pendrive).

I can change the Volume serial number, but It is not the number what the software compare to aprove to run properly ....

I have found others utility but they are not for Sandisk Cruze U3 pendrive for change PID /VID and Serial number.

I need this utility for this pendrive. Anybody know anything else ??

Thank for all.

Check this link out and tell me if it works.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5883743_clone-usb-flash-drive.html